• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

yep.

the federalist society was founded in the early 80s quite literally mostly due to the abortion issue, and now they have 5 of their own members on the supreme court. 5 members of the supreme court all belong to one society. its amazing. and they committed the most blatant theft of a supreme court seat to accomplish it that we've ever seen.

none of this is coincidence. this is near 40 years of deliberate work.

As someone who has worked in both law enforcement and healthcare, it’s really going to be interesting to see how this would be enforced without violating previously existing HIPAA laws. It’ll also be interesting when even pro-life women suffering miscarriages and the doctors treating them get wrapped up in investigations because the procedures to treat them are used in both cases.

Another state poised to join Alabama and Georgia in this abortion crap.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article230458694.html

This is a complete waste of time and money. Moderate conservatives aren’t polling well for their abortion fight. This will further **** the GOP and they completely deserve it. I’d like to see these brainiacs look at their own daughters should they unfortunately get raped and tell them that “thems the breaks”. I am really struggling to follow their “logic” or lack thereof.

You tend to focus on recent events. And undervalue the long game being played right under your nose.

You tend to focus on recent events. And undervalue the long game being played right under your nose.

Not really. You just assume so by what I post. I don’t have the time to post on everything I think and feel.

I see the long game, I don’t plan on being in this Country more than another 6 years.

I think it’s a very personal choice between a woman, her family, and her doctor. If they want to try to do reduce the number of women seeking abortions, stop voting down improving access to birth control, improving sex education and putting money into social services that will assist them after they give birth.

But let’s be honest, that’s not what this is really all about.

Birth control pills are free. The access is there.

Their logic is simple. Their guy has stacked the supreme court, this is the moment they've spent decades planning for. They don't care about how this issue polls, they've already successfully gerrymandered and "voter registration'd" their way into the position they're in. They'll continue more of the same if polling continues to get uglier for them.

Don't be shocked if this SCOTUS, with how it's currently constructed, overturns Roe. Like some of us have been saying on here for years, like we've been told is crazy. Remember telling us how crazy this was during Boofy's confirmation hearing? Well get ready.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Roe v Wade doesn’t get overturned. There is too much precedent used from R v W in other cases. While conservative judges are pro life usually, they also respect precedent. I could be wrong but hope I’m not. I don’t approve of abortion but I firmly hold to libertarian beliefs, don’t tell me what to do with my body and I won’t tell you what to do. Just because I disapprove of something doesn’t mean you don’t have the right to do it to yourself.

This attempt of theirs is fascist. People need to see that.

Birth control pills are free. The access is there.

One of the politicians who brought forward the Ohio bill was talking about banning drugs that prevent the implantation of a fertilized egg. IUDs and some forms of hormonal contraceptives do this and certainly, if a condom breaks forget about being able to take Plan B. Some women aren’t even able to take the pill due to side effects like high blood pressure. It just highlights the issue of a bunch of old men regulating women’s health issues.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t it it the ACA that made them free?

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Roe v Wade doesn’t get overturned. There is too much precedent used from R v W in other cases. While conservative judges are pro life usually, they also respect precedent. I could be wrong but hope I’m not. I don’t approve of abortion but I firmly hold to libertarian beliefs, don’t tell me what to do with my body and I won’t tell you what to do. Just because I disapprove of something doesn’t mean you don’t have the right to do it to yourself.

This attempt of theirs is fascist. People need to see that.

You think they didn’t pick Kavanaugh with exactly this in mind and know exactly how he’ll vote?

One of the politicians who brought forward the Ohio bill was talking about banning drugs that prevent the implantation of a fertilized egg. IUDs and some forms of hormonal contraceptives do this and certainly, if a condom breaks forget about being able to take Plan B. Some women aren’t even able to take the pill due to side effects like high blood pressure. It just highlights the issue of a bunch of old men regulating women’s health issues.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t it it the ACA that made them free?

They were free before the ACA in most states. The ACA made it federal. They’re still free here... for now.

Fox News Poll

Biden also performs best in hypothetical 2020 matchups. Among all registered voters, he leads Trump by 11 points (49-38 percent), up from a 7-point advantage in March. Biden’s is the only lead outside the margin of sampling error in the matchups tested — and he is the only Democrat to push Trump’s support below 41 percent.

Sanders tops Trump by 5 points (46-41 percent) and Warren is up by two (43-41 percent), while Harris ties Trump (41-41 percent) and Buttigieg trails him by one (40-41 percent).

yeah polls are just polls, but that's pretty impressive by Biden - and certainly feeds into the narrative that voters in 2020 are just exhausted from the drama and want a comfortable old slipper to pull on.

what's even more convincing about this is that Biden is so well known - both for his good and bad - that this isn't the case of a fad canditate, either.

I'm no Biden fan, but he's fine, and if he has the balls to bring Warren along as VP, then that should shore up his base on the left (ironically much more than the black woman Kamala would), and that's a ticket that's worth voting for a very large part of the political spectrum.

Back