• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

My expectations were much lower going into Glass due to the largely crappy reviews. Those reviews were right-on. It's easily the worst film in the trilogy and quite a letdown. In particular, the last 20 minutes are VERY weak. Some things do work but it's not a great way to end the story.

My expectations were much lower going into Glass due to the largely crappy reviews. Those reviews were right-on. It's easily the worst film in the trilogy and quite a letdown. In particular, the last 20 minutes are VERY weak. Some things do work but it's not a great way to end the story.

I must have been in a coma (didn't realize that Glass is the final installment of a trilogy). Don't know how I missed "Split". What are your thoughts on that one?

I must have been in a coma (didn't realize that Glass is the final installment of a trilogy). Don't know how I missed "Split". What are your thoughts on that one?

Split was good. I'm sad though, I only watched it recently so I could watch glass but now... Nah.

Burton is usually pretty good with his reviews... but you can't take one person's opinion to heart. I'm still going to see it.

Split gets a 7.3 on IMDB and Glass has a 7.4.

Burton is usually pretty good with his reviews... but you can't take one person's opinion to heart. I'm still going to see it.

Everything I'm seeing on TV and a lot of online reviewers are saying this one isn't up to snuff.

Burton isn't saying anything I haven't already heard, more just validating it.

I really liked this review:
https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/glass-2019

I found it hit on a lot of issues I had with the film.It's a good point about going back on if these superheroes are real. Wasn't that covered in the 2 films? In the end, there's too many characters from Unbreakable and Split crammed-in without much to do. Shyamalan gives himself a cameo in a terrible scene that's distracting.Watch Unbreakable again. I view that as a superhero masterpiece.

Glass isn't terrible, but it's messy and a disappointment with too many scenes that don't work. I won't be watching it like Unbreakable 18 years later and still enjoying it.

Last edited:

True enough - though I do trust Burton's opinions.

[video=youtube;bdkBDjtsURo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdkBDjtsURo[/video]

I was on the fence on whether to see this in a movie theater when I first saw the trailer (and of course, not knowing it's the third part of a trilogy). Think I'll just watch it one night at home when I'm bored once I get around to watching Split.

Just found out they won’t renew Outcast for a third season. I hate it when they just cancel shows with no closure.

I was not impressed to be left hanging with Designated Survivor. Anyone know why they didn't finish it off properly? Looking forward to it on Netflix whenever that comes out as well as the Dark Crystals new series.

I was not impressed to be left hanging with Designated Survivor. Anyone know why they didn't finish it off properly? Looking forward to it on Netflix whenever that comes out as well as the Dark Crystals new series.

The show had massive issues with direction behold the scenes, with multiple showrunners and kiefer sutherland effectively gets a veto on every script.

The show is based in Toronto, the writers are in LA, and the showrunners is in New York, so all together decision making is a mess. Its why its on its 4th showrunners in 2 seasons.

The Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix is pretty entertaining.

It was like it could have worked if just one person had a clue.

Just finished Titans, came away fairly impressed with DC's netflix take on the idea...The guy playing Robin is good, the women playing Starfire is gorgeous, lots of violence, lots of nods to geekdom (doom patrol makes an appearance)...not sure if they got a 2nd season, better hope so with that ending.

I've always been a Marvel guy, I hate Superman, own all the Dark Knight stuff even though, as I said, not a big fan...but I will watch if there is a season two.

Last edited:
Agree. Watched titans and was really impressed. Some moments were cringe worthy cheese but overall was a good show. Season 2 in the works as well as a spin off show for the doom patrol.

Anyone see the new dragon ball super : broly?

Saw it in theatre last night and it's everything your expect from a dbz movie: non stop fighting. Not much of a story but the art was awesome.

Back