• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

BG

I didn't hate Stranger things 3. It's an ok time waster. Did make me wonder at the end though, if there will be a 4 and if the end scene meant what I think it did. Don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't been there yet.
Didn't realize until recently that the "new girl" played by Maya Hawke is the daughter of Ethan Hawke and Uma Therman.

LeafGm

I didn't hate Stranger things 3. It's an ok time waster. Did make me wonder at the end though, if there will be a 4 and if the end scene meant what I think it did. Don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't been there yet.

The first two seasons were probably better and the writing formula they keep using might be getting a bit stale, but I still really enjoyed it. And yeah, I know what you're probably thinking about that end scene:

I mean, maybe it's too obvious, but you'd have to think "the American" is Hopper, right? You don't see him die on-screen, and when the Americans storm the base at the end, all the Russians have disappeared. So it seems they had a way out.

Didn't realize until recently that the "new girl" played by Maya Hawke is the daughter of Ethan Hawke and Uma Therman.

I honestly went and looked her up on IMDB a couple of episodes into the season, because she looked and sounded so familiar and I couldn't figure out where I knew her from. As soon as I saw who her parents were, it clicked immediately.

She looks so much like her mother, but even moreso she has pretty much the exact same voice and mannerisms.

Altair

Literally none of it. If there's no deal, even "off handed" references to anything that happened in the MCU, including shit that occurred in the previous two movies, would be met with legal fuckery.
Yeah, it would be more like Tom Holland entering Tom Hardy's world than Tom Hardy entering Tom Hollands world.

If you're Tom Holland you have to be concerned about this. I think he signed on to being one of many stars of the MCU not the go to guy in Sony. Yet he's signed for two more spidey films.

Only way I see this working is if they throw him into some multiverse where nothing in the MCU ever happened.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Yeah, it would be more like Tom Holland entering Tom Hardy's world than Tom Hardy entering Tom Hollands world.

If you're Tom Holland you have to be concerned about this. I think he signed on to being one of many stars of the MCU not the go to guy in Sony. Yet he's signed for two more spidey films.

Only way I see this working is if they throw him into some multiverse where nothing in the MCU ever happened.

It's sad that the "only way this works" sounds stupid as shit. Yeah, I feel for Tom Holland here, the guy signed on to be a major part of the MCU and has clearly loved it. He goes into the spiderman dustbin of history with Tobey and Garfield if this doesn't work out. Feige has set Holland up to be a massive mainstay in the MCU for 10-15 years, a core member of the new avengers whenever they're reformed, etc. I don't even know if Sony can do Spidey vs Venom convincingly with how they've done Eddie Brock. They would have to shred the character Tom Hardy signed on to play and go full heel turn, which basically ends that franchise. They can do a spin on maximum carnage and put the two on the same side for a movie, but they're really painting themselves into a corner long term here. Spidey in the MCU is good for their little spiderverse they want to build. Shit, if they're smart they can use MCU spidey and build around the Miles Morales character in their spiderverse.

Leafin'

I would love to see a live action spider verse. Bring back Tobey as the old beat down Spiderman, Garfield as the emo Spidey, and Tom Holland as the regular.

I hope this is all just negotiations. It's pretty shit how Sony used Marvel to boost the character after the disgraceful Amazing Spiderman duo of movies. Only to pull the rug on any future movies. It's probably both sides that are greedy here. Too bad Disney doesn't just own all of the characters.

Let's see what Sony does with the Spiderman, Venom, Morbius world. I like Venom for entertainment but it was pretty shit.

Speaking of shit thats entertaining. Hobbs and Shaw was entertaining. My gf thought it was garbage which says alot because she never cares. I liked the over the top but some of the writing was cringe inducing.

Habspatrol

ADMINuteman
Staff member
I would love to see a live action spider verse. Bring back Tobey as the old beat down Spiderman, Garfield as the emo Spidey, and Tom Holland as the regular.

I hope this is all just negotiations. It's pretty shit how Sony used Marvel to boost the character after the disgraceful Amazing Spiderman duo of movies. Only to pull the rug on any future movies. It's probably both sides that are greedy here. Too bad Disney doesn't just own all of the characters.

Let's see what Sony does with the Spiderman, Venom, Morbius world. I like Venom for entertainment but it was pretty shit.

Speaking of shit thats entertaining. Hobbs and Shaw was entertaining. My gf thought it was garbage which says alot because she never cares. I liked the over the top but some of the writing was cringe inducing.
This is a great idea. Hell... you can even add an animated Spidey.

blkngldbabe

It's super violent and gory so be prepared...basically the idea is that superheroes are mass marketed, leading to all kinds of problems and some regular-types decided to do something about it.

Helluva lot of swearing too...might not want any young'uns around.
We generally don’t have the tube on while little man is awake so that’s no issue (the profanity) I’m ok with most gore just have been not cool with the young’uns getting dead that happens a lot now. Can’t stomach it

Bleedsblue&white

We generally don’t have the tube on while little man is awake so that’s no issue (the profanity) I’m ok with most gore just have been not cool with the young’uns getting dead that happens a lot now. Can’t stomach it
Heh....watch it and you'll see a different side to "young'uns"...oh yes you will.

So sexist or not I feel like women in general do not like the c word...lots of that, though I guess you couldn't say tastefully, so be prepared.

Habspatrol

ADMINuteman
Staff member
Heh....watch it and you'll see a different side to "young'uns"...oh yes you will.

So sexist or not I feel like women in general do not like the c word...lots of that, though I guess you couldn't say tastefully, so be prepared.
Aussies/Scotts/Irish/Britts can get away with it and it doesn't sound nearly as crass... innit. A North American drops a C bomb and it's a different story.