• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Kind of weird given it was his dad that abandoned him.
I seem to recall Tarantino mentioning in an interview how his father later contacted him after he became "famous" about getting an actors job/role. Don't remember whether he gave him that opportunity (but I could easily understand if he told him to go 'take a hike').

It’s even worse than I remembered, she basically made a sarcastic comment that he had to cut that writing shit out, (during other classes at school)….not that he couldn’t write in his free time, or telling him he’d never make it…..just that writing while at school & ignoring the teachers had to stop.

…..and he’s used that as his excuse to not share a penny of his money, with an otherwise perfectly good mother who had an enormous influence on his career trajectory (imo)

I just can’t wrap my head around people like this…

IMG_3498.jpeg

‘Eric’ on Netflix is a pretty bizarre/fascinating watch one episode in…..lots of potential to be very good, but I’m not quite sold yet. If the plot isn’t strong enough I could see it also being dogshit.

….but on the surface it has an interesting vibe to it, some strong performances out of the gate, and grimmy 80’s New York is a character unto itself in a way I haven’t seen in a long long time.

Say it all the time, but going into a movie/series 100% blind to its content, makes for such an exponentially more enjoyable experience…

View attachment 20679

‘Eric’ on Netflix is a pretty bizarre/fascinating watch one episode in…..lots of potential to be very good, but I’m not quite sold yet. If the plot isn’t strong enough I could see it also being dogshit.

….but on the surface it has an interesting vibe to it, some strong performances out of the gate, and grimmy 80’s New York is a character unto itself in a way I haven’t seen in a long long time.

Say it all the time, but going into a movie/series 100% blind to its content, makes for such an exponentially more enjoyable experience…
i mentioned it a few pages back, it's quite fun, and Cumberbatch alone is worth the watch. Im also a sucker for anything, even ever so small that Clarke Peters does

i mentioned it a few pages back, it's quite fun, and Cumberbatch alone is worth the watch. Im also a sucker for anything, even ever so small that Clarke Peters does

Mckinley Belcher III is pretty great so far…I’m 3 eps in, and it’s got a banger of a soundtrack too. Songs have all been brilliant choices so far.

His Evil Dead remake is one of the best remakes ever.
That said, the Scott Alien sequels last few years make ne less excited about another one.

@Montana

Did you finish Eric?

One episode left….

you mentioned how great it is anytime you see Lester Freeman, but then to also get Rawls making an appearance later on 🤤👌🏼

Also really impressed with Gaby Hoffman’s performance…..bit of a thankless character to play given how unlikeable she is in episode one, but goddamn if she isn’t one of the best actors on the show in terms of feeling like an actual real person you’d meet irl.

So much acting, even good acting still has that veneer of being performance…but Hoffman’s scenes feel right out of a documentary sometimes.

Dude that plays detective Ledroit (amazing detective name btw) is gonna be a fucking star…guy has amazing screen presence, and makes his scenes in ‘Eric’ feel like a great season of True Detective that he could carry on his own.

Will be real surprised if McKinley Belcher III isn’t a big star 2-3 years from now.

Back