• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Post Corona - What Will Change?

Okay I think we deserve an explanation on the spelling of the name. Because I can tell you right now that it is definitely not pronounced the way you think it is.

Was there a run on vowels when you named him?

Really cute pup.
It’s Gaelic. We all know the scots mostly tend to drops consonants when drinking so I’ll guess that’s how Gaelic spelling came into effect. My last pup who we put down on Easter Monday 😢 was named Steeler. Rooney is the owner of the Steelers and has a book Ruanaidh. Plus my moms maiden name derives from it. Worked out. But man. Glad I’ve typed it a lot as the phone recognizes it now 😂

Thanks. He’s lucky he’s cute lol. You forget about razor teeth and house breaking after having a dog for fifteen years.

Puppies are ridiculously cute and fun, but there’s definitely a whole lot of these moments in the first few months after getting them:

You definitely appreciate when they settle into comfortable adulthood, are trained and know your boundaries & routines.

Puppies are ridiculously cute and fun, but there’s definitely a whole lot of these moments in the first few months after getting them:

You definitely appreciate when they settle into comfortable adulthood, are trained and know your boundaries & routines.

Truth.

Yeah my one weekend of babysitting was with a puppy. It fucking sucked ass. Much harder than raising a human being in every way imaginable. But like with humans, I'm sure it gets better as they age.

It’s Gaelic. We all know the scots mostly tend to drops consonants when drinking so I’ll guess that’s how Gaelic spelling came into effect. My last pup who we put down on Easter Monday 😢 was named Steeler. Rooney is the owner of the Steelers and has a book Ruanaidh. Plus my moms maiden name derives from it. Worked out. But man. Glad I’ve typed it a lot as the phone recognizes it now 😂

So Rooney Mara is your favorite actress?
Just kidding, Giants suck.

Yeah my one weekend of babysitting was with a puppy. It fucking sucked ass. Much harder than raising a human being in every way imaginable. But like with humans, I'm sure it gets better as they age.
A puppy is harder than a human? In what remotely conceivable way? You can use a leash, a crate, treats, simple training techniques etc on a puppy. Try that on a human. Black Snake Moan isn’t legal.

Babies poop in a diaper and don’t have razors in their mouths. Aside from that I’ll say pups are much easier. And their trying period is shorter by years.

A puppy is harder than a human? In what remotely conceivable way? You can use a leash, a crate, treats, simple training techniques etc on a puppy. Try that on a human. Black Snake Moan isn’t legal.
Far harder than a human before humans can move at least. Chasing around an energetic animal, cleaning up piss and shit off the floor, and taking it for late night/early morning walks are all things I could do without. When humans are old enough to move I'm sure that poses new challenges but until then it's fucking effortless by comparison. Of course, not all humans are created equal. Some can be nightmares too. But the weekend with the dog was the least enjoyable thing I've ever done in my life. And I've done a lot of unenjoyable shit. Mrs. Preston wanted a dog before that and the weekend changed her mind. So it was worth the pain.

And I recognize that a lot of it had to do with me resenting the dog because I severely dislike them and find them gross, but still.. They're not easy.

Some combination of a leash, crate, treats and simple training techniques work perfectly fine on humans. what are you guys talking about??

Back