• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The M-Fing Food Thread

BeLeafer

Saturday has become frittata for lunch and rack o lamb for dinner. Of course, I get lamb from farms that coddle the little darlings before slicing their throats.

Preston

AKA: Preston Fauci. Prestauci.
Granted, I've always shared Zeke's opinion on this. Haven't had a seafood sandwich I was a huge fan of. That tuna melt I had was solid enough though. Maybe I was just starving because you guys are making me second guess myself.

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
Granted, I've always shared Zeke's opinion on this. Haven't had a seafood sandwich I was a huge fan of. That tuna melt I had was solid enough though. Maybe I was just starving because you guys are making me second guess myself.
Don't get zeked. Stick to your guns.

Or harpoon.

zeke

To be fair I have only ever learned to like seafood, it's never been something I really loved. But fresh fish right on the beach, and well cooked shellfish, converted me.

But I still can't get into cans of sardines and anchovies like pops loves. Even canned tuna and salmon is off the menu for me.

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
He’s self zekeing, which is worse

Preston

AKA: Preston Fauci. Prestauci.
I still maintain that it makes sense with regards to the flavor combinations, culinarily speaking. It's a perfectly viable protein for a sandwich. Just not something we're used to.

LeafOfFaith

maybe add a little arugula for some pepperiness.. maybe a little mayo for creaminess ...but these cheese mofos are adding a whole fucking duvet of fat to the mix.

I don’t like the mayo with the tuna either. I don’t like any sort of dairy or creaminess in my tuna. I remember waaaay back in summer camp when they’d give us tuna sandwiches (among others) for lunch and I was okay with it. But once I got introduced to the lemonized, saltified, olive oiled, healthy version, I have zero interest in the other.

Reactions: CH1

BeLeafer

To be fair I have only ever learned to like seafood, it's never been something I really loved. But fresh fish right on the beach, and well cooked shellfish, converted me.
Same but I've always loved freshwater fish. Saltwater adds a flavour that just doesn't do it for me. I used to think it was something in the meat but then found the same flavour in kelp.

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
I'm reversing the zeked.

People love food more than they hate Trump.