• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

View: https://x.com/tylerduran21/status/1792000073963905442

Aua5PsY.jpeg

I've flown a lot in my life, enough to hold statuses with airlines year over year for quite a while. It's always amazed me how cavalier most fliers are with the fact they're in a fucking metal tube travelling 9x highway speeds, owned by a company that factors in X amount of injuries/death per Y Km's flown as a KPI, operated by people whose union is constantly fighting with the airlines as they try to run those people into the ground and squeeze slightly more KM's flown out of them, even if it puts passengers at slightly more (but acceptable!) risks.

Oh, and this is all orchestrated by (stastically) the most stressed profession on the planet sitting in a control tower waiting to live a nightmare they all have constantly (....in the nightmare, 300 people die in a fire).

Leave your fucking seatbelt on, put your heavy shit away when the seatbelt sign comes on. Plan your bathroom visits around the likelihood of the fucking sign coming on.

I thought at first he was talking about a previous incident, but nope...

View: https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1792929488730194207

View: https://x.com/DrChrisCombs/status/1792978286160531857

I've read this may have been caused by a stall?

The 3M Corporation sells everything from sandpaper to kitchen sponges; it invented Scotch Tape and Post-it notes. Many of the company’s products contain PFAS, or “forever chemicals.” In the late nineteen-seventies, 3M scientists established that the forever chemical PFOS is toxic in animals and accumulates in humans. And, yet, 3M continued to produce millions of pounds per year. Between 1951 and 2000, 3M produced at least a hundred million pounds of PFOS and chemicals that degrade into PFOS—roughly the weight of the Titanic.

I've flown a lot in my life, enough to hold statuses with airlines year over year for quite a while. It's always amazed me how cavalier most fliers are with the fact they're in a fucking metal tube travelling 9x highway speeds, owned by a company that factors in X amount of injuries/death per Y Km's flown as a KPI, operated by people whose union is constantly fighting with the airlines as they try to run those people into the ground and squeeze slightly more KM's flown out of them, even if it puts passengers at slightly more (but acceptable!) risks.

Oh, and this is all orchestrated by (stastically) the most stressed profession on the planet sitting in a control tower waiting to live a nightmare they all have constantly (....in the nightmare, 300 people die in a fire).

Leave your fucking seatbelt on, put your heavy shit away when the seatbelt sign comes on. Plan your bathroom visits around the likelihood of the fucking sign coming on.
climate change is apparently going to make turbulence harsher

Keep my seat belt on, get loaded, pass out and piss myself to avoid a stroke or death from extreme turbulence. Got it

Back