• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Great game so far.

How has Powell regressed this bad? got paid and f*cked off or what? He's been horrible.

Kyle is BALLING

I think Powell is a case of a guy who got paid and then felt like he had to justify his contract every time he touched the ball and it's ruining him between the ears. It doesn't help that he's not really a natural long distance shooter, so when he's struggling a bit with his stroke he's just bad from out there.

Harden shot 15/22 tonight for 40 points and without their best Harden defender, the Raptors still win. It's really, really tough for Harden to be better than that.

The Raptors are a Steph Curry ankle injury away from a legit shot at a title.

Harden shot 15/22 tonight for 40 points and without their best Harden defender, the Raptors still win. It's really, really tough for Harden to be better than that.

The Raptors are a Steph Curry ankle injury away from a legit shot at a title.

OG and Delon would have both helped tonight.

Powell I believe will be gone this summer to make room to sign Freddy. I do think Powell will be an effective player in this year. Just needs to get his head right in my opinion.

OG and Delon would have both helped tonight.

Harden doesn't shoot 15/22 with both of those long armed *******s checking him for various chunks of the game. Harden abused Powell, but it's such a bad match up for Norm. Can't give him space because he's 6'7 and just shoots over Norm, and when Norm crowds him, they run Norm off of a high screen to separate. Harden had a much, much harder time with DeRozan in the crunch, because he just couldn't automatically clear space to hit the step back whenever he wanted to, DD is the same size with long ass arms of his own and could challenge it in a way Norm just can't.

Powell I believe will be gone this summer to make room to sign Freddy. I do think Powell will be an effective player in this year. Just needs to get his head right in my opinion.

I could see Powell have a big playoff again, which would be nice because yeah, we're going to have to trade him to free up VV cap space.

This is a nice, easy off season for Masai though. Only VV up for a new deal. The summer after Val & CJ can both opt out.

I don’t know if the rockets have enough scoring options. Seeing PJ with late clock shot attempts brought back some awful memories. And seeing them forced to rely on the corpse of Joe Johnson in crunch time was just sad.

Now take that game, and sic OG/Wright on Harden. Now imagine a whole series of that.

Or don't actually - the warriors won't be losing to these rockets.

I don’t know if the rockets have enough scoring options. Seeing PJ with late clock shot attempts brought back some awful memories. And seeing them forced to rely on the corpse of Joe Johnson in crunch time was just sad.

Now take that game, and sic OG/Wright on Harden. Now imagine a whole series of that.

Or don't actually - the warriors won't be losing to these rockets.

Steph Curry injured his ankle tonight...not seriously. But there's always a chance of him rolling one of those shitty, shitty ankles and missing significant time. KD scares me, but Donkey and Klay don't without someone to facilitate.

I am going to start following the Raptors again, just reading you guys periodically has kept me up to date pretty much. I remember when Toronto signed the GM whom I had never heard of, a few years back, is that what started this amazing build? This incredible team that the city has now?

I think Powell is a case of a guy who got paid and then felt like he had to justify his contract every time he touched the ball and it's ruining him between the ears. It doesn't help that he's not really a natural long distance shooter, so when he's struggling a bit with his stroke he's just bad from out there.

Michael Grange echoed the same thing

That was fun to watch. My partner, who generally dislikes all sports, even found this game entertaining. Raps came out of the gate possessed. The effect of our depth on Kyle is really incredible. He just always seems fresh, never seems like he has to push or carry the team. Although he was an absolute stud for us last night.

The aggressive bench mob mentality seems to have infected everyone now. I was a little concerned with Demar trying to play iso ball late in the fourth, but to his credit he hit the shot we needed, and just a real solid effort top to bottom.

Made more impressive by some very questionable officiating throughout. Houston got called for zero fouls in the first 11 minutes of the fourth q?

Doubly impressive to do this without OG and Delon. I'm legit excited about this team.

Raptors second unit doing mean things to the Knicks

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Raps blow out Knicks...

In a game that no Raptor played more than 29 minutes, no Raptor scored more than 17, and that 11 Raptors scored 7 or more points in, 7 in double figures. 10 Raptors had an assist, 5 had 3 or more. If you told me that 9 Raptors held another Raptor's dick while he pissed after the game, I'd believe it. There's just that much sharing going on with this group.

Back