• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Traveling to Europe for honeymoon, would love some help

It is amazing the amount of ignorance that has been shown to us ..... she saved all her money to go over to "help" We encouraged her and thought she would be safe ....
It has been a real eye opener ..... the cops there asked her if she would like to be contacted if these men were located and watch them get stoned ...... She said no, "they obviously need the money more than I do"

Years ago when my buddy was traveling in Africa someone stole his Walkman (maybe a Diskman) on the bus. When he realized it was missing he made a bit of a fuss so the stopped the bus and searched everyone. When they found the guy who'd stolen it the passengers of the bus beat the guy to death. He tried to stop them but there were cops there and they wouldn't let him intervene.

How are there not sanctions against countries who allow this to happen?

You would love to believe we have evolved as a species yet we continue to stone people to death.

How are there not sanctions against countries who allow this to happen?

You would love to believe we have evolved as a species yet we continue to stone people to death.

Considering the US still has the death penalty I don't know if there's much ground to stand on.

Sure lethal injection sound/is more "humane" but it's not like it's a big difference. Though you don't get put to death in the US for theft.

Considering the US still has the death penalty I don't know if there's much ground to stand on.

Sure lethal injection sound/is more "humane" but it's not like it's a big difference. Though you don't get put to death in the US for theft.

You can be stoned to death if your husband decides...I think there's a bit of a difference. Girls die for going to school, so again, not the best logic-circle.

You can be stoned to death if your husband decides...I think there's a bit of a difference. Girls die for going to school, so again, not the best logic-circle.

That's not even close to what I was saying. I was referring to the fact that there is a death penalty.

By no means was I saying that their legal systems are even remotely close.

A death penalty is warranted to a certain degree. Being stoned to death because you married outside of your religion is not.

If that's what the original comment was referring to then yeah, I take back my post. I thought we were just commenting on the existence of stoning itself, not so much the different reasons for it.

Wow, sorry to hear about this uncus. What a nightmare. Good luck.

I wish I had some advice for you.

Thank you all for your concern .... She will be issued a passport next Tuesday (friggen weeks afterwards) and I have hired a person to take care of her until we can fly her out.
Please, everyone take all precautions before sending your kids into 3rd world areas. I was stupid and flowed with the optimism and the potential serendipitous opportunities which could happen ..... I was wrong.
A friend/idiot used this as a point to make a reference to a racial perspective ....... this has nothing to do with colour, creed or sex ..... it has everything to do with poverty/opportunity.
Which one of us wouldn't steal or rob someone to provide a meal for their family? I would!
I have never known hunger and despair like many people in this world have ....... the cattle I eat could have fed a school full of children. Who is really the guilty one?
By the way .... capital punishment is murder ..... there is no difference ..... murder is murder.
Once again ..... thank you

Thank you all for your concern .... She will be issued a passport next Tuesday (friggen weeks afterwards) and I have hired a person to take care of her until we can fly her out.
Please, everyone take all precautions before sending your kids into 3rd world areas. I was stupid and flowed with the optimism and the potential serendipitous opportunities which could happen ..... I was wrong.
A friend/idiot used this as a point to make a reference to a racial perspective ....... this has nothing to do with colour, creed or sex ..... it has everything to do with poverty/opportunity.
Which one of us wouldn't steal or rob someone to provide a meal for their family? I would!
I have never known hunger and despair like many people in this world have ....... the cattle I eat could have fed a school full of children. Who is really the guilty one?
By the way .... capital punishment is murder ..... there is no difference ..... murder is murder.
Once again ..... thank you

You're right. Your friend is an idiot.

Back