• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: What are you Watching/Listening/Drinking?

I'm obsessed with these Ren videos. The guy is a massive talent, and these videos are all done live. Just one take, with him singing/rapping/playing live. It's unbelievably fascinating. I guess that Money Game part 2 isn't live... but part 1 is.. and Hi Ren are.

Really curious to hear some opinions on them.
was meaning to check these out ... and enjoyed them quite a bit, definitely some talent here. will listen to more of his stuff.

'Hi Ren' is excellent, very unique style and those are really great lyrics.

was meaning to check these out ... and enjoyed them quite a bit, definitely some talent here. will listen to more of his stuff.

'Hi Ren' is excellent, very unique style and those are really great lyrics.
Nice... he has a lot of content out there. A lot of covers that aren't exactly covers. More reimaginings.

I'd recommend the "Jenny, Screech and Violet trilogy next. Great storytelling. Again... they are all done live, in one take.

Another level to the Ren stuff. In some of his stuff, he talks about being ill, and mental health. He has Lyme Disease that was misdiagnosed for like 8 years. So he was being treated for all sorts of mental health issues for many years before being properly diagnosed. Also, he has no label and is completely independent.

Another level to the Ren stuff. In some of his stuff, he talks about being ill, and mental health. He has Lyme Disease that was misdiagnosed for like 8 years. So he was being treated for all sorts of mental health issues for many years before being properly diagnosed. Also, he has no label and is completely independent.

If you don't know Jason Isbell, he's worth checking out. Definitely some country elements (and I don't like much country) but also Americana, indie rock, blues, folk, etc. GREAT songwriter.

Last edited:
Paul, George and Ringo worked on 3 John demos for Beatles Anthology, releasing "Free as a Bird" and "Real Love". They ended up not releasing the 3rd one "Now and Then" because George didn't want to complete it.

"The Beatles are using artificial intelligence (AI) to complete what Paul McCartney calls “the last Beatles record”.

Although he did not name the song, it is believed to be ‘Now And Then’, based on a 1979 John Lennon demo and worked on by McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr in 1995."

so yeah, it turns out that B.B. King died in 2015. A moment of silence for everyone who enjoyed a blissful 8 years of not knowing that.

RIP to the legend.

Classic Albums Live released their new schedule for Massey/Roy Thomson Hall.

I'll be doing Rumours, Physical Graffiti, The Stranger (not a big Billy Joel fan so I'm looking forward to the different experience), and...Bat Out of Hell!
Man oh man I hope that one is as fun as I think it will be.

Physical Graffiti? Holy shit that will be epic.

There's a few others, if you're around the area and a fan you owe it to yourself.

I saw John Wick 4 on the ride back yesterday. Almost 3 hours of nonstop head shots? That was a bit much.

I don't think they were able to keep each of the thousand skirmishes unique enough to have dragged it out that long.

Back