• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Post Mortem 2017-18 Season - Molson, Bergevin, players

With regards to the frustration and anger he seemed far more concerned than MB.

Geoff was in pure damage control mode.

But I get what you mean and I can't disagree, most fans want to tear this up and start fresh.

But I don't get the feeling that is the plan

Keep pissing off the paying fan and miss another playoff season and we will see more empty seats .

Sold out seats with no asses on them mean less beer, food , souvenirs etc....

This team isnt immune to a dwindling fan base or reduced hockey revenue.

It may not mean much to not get that 10-15 mil extra per year with their entire corporate structure .....but keep pissing the paying public off and at some point the shit will hit the fan .

I can tell you in TO where for decades you could of put squirrels on the ice and sell out .....the fans were at the boiling point of walking away .

I have customers who deal with big sponsors and money bag supporters of the Leafs and they were telling me the cash cow was going to dwindle a bit unless the product changed .

Keep pissing off the paying fan and miss another playoff season and we will see more empty seats .

It may not mean much to not get that 10-15 mil extra per year with their entire corporate structure .....but keep pissing the paying public off and at some point the shit will hit the fan .

I can tell you in TO where for decades you could of put squirrels on the ice and sell out .....the fans were at the boiling point of walking away .

I have customers who deal with big sponsors and money bag supporters of the Leafs and they were telling me the cash cow was going to dwindle a bit unless the product changed .
However, if you’ve come up with a business plan to offset 30% empty seats by recouping the $ via other ventures (real estate etc..) it doesn’t matter does it? Playing to full capacity & beer/merchandise sales then becomes cherry on top...

Also don’t forget the Habs are the only game in town there is no bigger industry in the province which is not the case for any of the other 30-markets.

However, if you’ve come up with a business plan to offset 30% empty seats by recouping the $ via other ventures (real estate etc..) it doesn’t matter does it? Playing to full capacity & beer/merchandise sales then becomes cherry on top...

Also don’t forget the Habs are the only game in town there is no bigger industry in the province which is not the case for any of the other 30-markets.

If you fuel anger with the fans and the Rolex types the negative influence will trickle to other avenues .

If Molson beer sales are down 10% province wide is that a kick in the nuts for Molson

This world now of social media and negative publicity can cause a major influence on corporate structures .

All I am saying is they are not immune .....this isnt a death and taxes guarantee

I live in Toronto. Apathy set in from Leaf fans years ago when they sucked (the excitement has returned). Corporations kept the building "full" during their prolonged shit years.

Posters on this board seem way too concerned about Molson's pocket books.

Also, I'm convinced that more fans would show up to watch a rebuild than a bunch of shitty vets.

If you fuel anger with the fans and the Rolex types the negative influence will trickle to other avenues .

If Molson beer sales are down 10% province wide is that a kick in the nuts for Molson

This world now of social media and negative publicity can cause a major influence on corporate structures .

All I am saying is they are not immune .....this isnt a death and taxes guarantee
Molson beer sales has little to do with the family business anymore since they sold to Coors, that’s why Jr’s focusing on other endeavors- entertainment (concerts etc.. and now real estate)

I live in Toronto. Apathy set in from Leaf fans years ago when they sucked (the excitement has returned). Corporations kept the building "full" during their prolonged shit years.

I am in TO as well , the paying public were fed up . If they didnt do a rebuild the shit would of hit the fan .

Posters on this board seem way too concerned about Molson's pocket books.

Also, I'm convinced that more fans would show up to watch a rebuild than a bunch of shitty vets.
Mtl. Canadiens fans are Habs fans & fans of Quebec players not NHL fans or hockey fans, and they’re very fickle. Every year playoff ratings on RDS are horrendous once Habs are eliminated or there is no team with prominent Quebecers on it

TV ratings plummeted this year, empty seats at the phone booth. Mtl ain’t Toronto correlating the two markets is erroneous.

Ownership knows this which is why they’ve focused so hard (quietly) on building margin by diversifying their business portfolio - if Habs suffer in profits they compensate via other areas, to ensure year over year growth.

Which is why Jr doesn’t sweat it, he has all the leverage, he’s the only game in town. No one really cares about CFL or MLS in Mtl - people only care bout Habs/

Mtl. Canadiens fans are Habs fans & fans of Quebec players not NHL fans or hockey fans, and they’re very fickle. Every year playoff ratings on RDS are horrendous once Habs are eliminated or there is no team with prominent Quebecers on it

TV ratings plummeted this year, empty seats at the phone booth. Mtl ain’t Toronto correlating the two markets is erroneous.

Ownership knows this which is why they’ve focused so hard (quietly) on building margin by diversifying their business portfolio - if Habs suffer in profits they compensate via other areas, to ensure year over year growth.

Which is why Jr doesn’t sweat it, he has all the leverage, he’s the only game in town. No one really cares about CFL or MLS in Mtl - people only care bout Habs/

I'm still convinced that more people would watch a rebuild with young players, than a crappy team with shitty older vets.

Both teams suck, but one has a direction.

:seeya: bring your pink suit and Armani shoes on draft night when your moved

He has never been the issue of this team. The lack of a centers to support him has. I cannot blame him wanting a better team to play with. He is a very smart hockey student and knows what it takes to win. His words about Drouin were very encouraging, so dont be surprised if he is back at center next year.

He has never been the issue of this team. The lack of a centers to support him has. I cannot blame him wanting a better team to play with. He is a very smart hockey student and knows what it takes to win. His words about Drouin were very encouraging, so dont be surprised if he is back at center next year.

Nice player no issue with him even though he is a playoff stiff.

Bottom line at 30 with a year to go to UFA .....Time to move on

Back