• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

So if being traded is a knock on your character... then I don't ever want to trade for anyone.

When Boston players came out and spoke about Hamilton not being a team guy... safe to assume that the trend has continued.

Hasn't lasted 3 years in Boston or Calgary and now 5 minutes after acquiring him CAR is done?

Apparently the knock on him is that he'd rather go to a museum than bar. Not sure that's a reason to knock a guy.

When Boston players came out and spoke about Hamilton not being a team guy... safe to assume that the trend has continued.

Hasn't lasted 3 years in Boston or Calgary and now 5 minutes after acquiring him CAR is done?

Remember, this is Eklund.

Apparently the knock on him is that he'd rather go to a museum than bar. Not sure that's a reason to knock a guy.

Flames GM Brad Treliving said his off ice issues became an issue there as well.

Capture.jpg

He apparently had ZERO friends on the team. He apparently required the Flames to keep his brother Freddie on the roster so he could have a "friend".

Boston said it, Calgary said it, and the Canes have him on the block after 1/2 a season.

Is it a coincidence that since Dudley has left fir Carolina MB has for the most part made good moves.

And on the opposite end of the spectrum Carolina has made bad ones, they lost the trade with the Flames and the Skinner deal looks even worse.

Flames GM Brad Treliving said his off ice issues became an issue there as well.

View attachment 4810

He apparently had ZERO friends on the team. He apparently required the Flames to keep his brother Freddie on the roster so he could have a "friend".

Boston said it, Calgary said it, and the Canes have him on the block after 1/2 a season.

We all have people at work that we hate. Good riddance gets thrown around when they leave or when they’re pushed out. They always end up someplace else. The NHL ain’t different...

I like Brett Connolly in Washington. Keep an eye on him, could be a cheap big bodied RW that can score 20+ with the right team.

#1 we need LHD

#2 Our GM covets character. Hamilton looking to be on his 3rd team at the age of 25.

He is toxic in the dressing room as per my source . Nobody trades this type of player locked up at fair money if there weren’t issues with him .

I said it from day one , Calgary got an absolute steal in this trade .

We all have people at work that we hate. Good riddance gets thrown around when they leave or when they’re pushed out. They always end up someplace else. The NHL ain’t different...

I like Brett Connolly in Washington. Keep an eye on him, could be a cheap big bodied RW that can score 20+ with the right team.

Oh, you mean Brett Connolly who would be going to his 4th team and is still just 26 years old?

I like Stone as well but you may have to wait until summer and go after him as UFA.

Yup. You don't give up prospects this year when you're still gonna lose in the first round to Tampa (if they even get in).

Like imagine unloading someone like Suzuki or Poehling for 2 months of Stone? Cause the cost will be sky high.

Last edited:
Yup. You don't give up prospects this year when you're still gonna lose in the first round to Tampa (if they even get in).

Like imagine unloading someone like Suzuki or Poehling for 2 months of Stone? Cause the cost will be sky high.

in a trade with ottawa?
probably get him for alzner

Oh, you mean Brett Connolly who would be going to his 4th team and is still just 26 years old?

I haven’t heard and negative character issues on Connolly. If you have feel free to share them...

I also don’t think I linked the number of times a player is traded as being an issue, I just said people can be disliked in hockey just like in the “real world” so it isn’t surprising.

Kessel was also a problem until he wasn’t...the list goes on.

I was just speaking in general about the idea that players being traded multiple times that they must have character issues.

I haven't heard anything negative about Connolly's character.

Marc Bergevin played for 8 teams. Does anyone really think he cares how many teams a player has played with?

Marc Bergevin played for 8 teams. Does anyone really think he cares how many teams a player has played with?

It was a different reality back then. There were a lot more trades because there were no salary cap, so players were more easily traded.

Back