• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

He has struggled but Reilly is junk . Strome went for 50 cents on the dollar a few months ago and a change of scenery did him well. Oils will get way more than a waiver D.
I like Jesse potential but at the moment Reilly is a top 4 defenseman for us and Jesse is an AHL player. We would lose that trade in the short term.

I’m aware but we need a sniper more than a playmaker.

And what's that got to do with Poehling?

We also need a top pairing LD... but that has nothing to do with Poehling either.

Poehling is a very solid prospect. Hopefully he'll be a very good 2nd line center.

He has struggled but Reilly is junk . Strome went for 50 cents on the dollar a few months ago and a change of scenery did him well. Oils will get way more than a waiver D.
You’re putting way too much emphasis on draft position, this isn’t start of ELC year 2 - it’s all but meaningless when the prospect hasn’t carved out an NHL regular role and is set to move on from ELC status as a pending RFA.

Reilly in the here and now, playing a regular top-4 role on D, I’d argue is worth way more than a prospect who hasn’t established a role for himself in his 3rd NHL regular season.

As McGuire said market value is not more than a 2nd + mid level prospect. I just figure a team (Edm) desperate for a puck moving Dman would jump all over the Reilly offer.

Max was fine. He needed help. And there was very little sniping besides him.

Max was great as was Bellows or Lemieux, but a real top notch sniper...haven’t had one since Richer

And yes I realize Max was second only to Ovy over a 5-year period...
If a top 5 in the league during his playing time with us doesn't qualify as a sniper then I don't know what the definition is.

this was our year to get another top 3 pick. Oh well, here's to another decade of being one player away from being one player away.

Its time this organization start getting it right later in round one when they aren’t picking top ten.

We need to at least find our Barzal or Pasternak or Mcavoy or Aho once every five years.

Can Poehling be that guy we finally get roght later in round one?

Its time this organization start getting it right later in round one when they aren’t picking top ten.

We need to at least find our Barzal or Pasternak or Mcavoy or Aho once every five years.

Bang on. We keep drafting Sherbaks and Beaulieus. While Tampa picks up Kucherovs and Points in 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bang on. We keep drafting Sherbaks and Beaulieus. While Tampa picks up Kucherovs and Points in 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Yeah throw in Julsen into the mix also, he’s not gonna be anything more than a botyom pairing guy.

Back