• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Thread

Re: not noticing Byfield at the WJC.

Right. Nobody noticed Lafrenière at last year's WJC. There's close to a year of difference in age between the two players.

This is not a big deal for me, in the larger scheme of things.

Yup just like its no big deal that Caufield and Turcotte didn't impress

Re: not noticing Byfield at the WJC.

Right. Nobody noticed Lafrenière at last year's WJC. There's close to a year of difference in age between the two players.

This is not a big deal for me, in the larger scheme of things.

Correct, which makes the choice between the two a little hard to predict. Byfield behing a center has this upside on his side. On the other end, it seems funny to say this, but habs seems set at center so actually, adding an elite scoring winger might be a good option.

Correct, which makes the choice between the two a little hard to predict. Byfield behing a center has this upside on his side. On the other end, it seems funny to say this, but habs seems set at center so actually, adding an elite scoring winger might be a good option.

We are set at C ?

Suzuki was rather average at last year’s WJHC. On pace for 50 pt rookie season.

Yeah, the WJC is not the end all, be all. It's a nice added bonus.

If you judged players on this tournament alone, Caufield would be a bum.

The best way to evaluate players is always during their regular season & playoffs when they have more structure and more built-in chemistry.

Also remember, this is usually a tournament where the 19 year olds stand out. PK Subban was the #7 d-man in his post-draft season and the year after, he was a gangster.

Jamie Drysdale was Canada's #7 d-man and Dawson Mercer the #13 forward as 17 year olds. If they're back next season, trust me, they will have a considerably stronger impact. Which is totally normal, 17 year olds almost never have success in this tournament. Even the Russian goalie Askarov had a hard time.

Was wondering the same thing..

Yeah, the WJC is not the end all, be all. It's a nice added bonus.

If you judged players on this tournament alone, Caufield would be a bum.

The best way to evaluate players is always during their regular season & playoffs when they have more structure and more built-in chemistry.

I am curious where Stützle lands in the draft , very impressed with him

We are set at C ?

We're not in a critical state as we were two years ago, with KK, Danault, Domi, Suzuki, Poehling all able centers, but we don't an elite center plus you can always convert centers to wingers.

Still, just take BPA at this point.

The absolute worst thing about this thread is that stuff written in 2018 on the first page are the same things being talked about on the 11th page in 2020.

We're not in a critical state as we were two years ago, with KK, Danault, Domi, Suzuki, Poehling all able centers, but we don't an elite center plus you can always convert centers to wingers.

That's what I meant. We went from having no one to now have decent options at center. Still no Crosby at center but it's not as horrible as it was so if BPA is a winger, you take him over the center if this is how you feel it should go.

If there is one thing this team is lacking is raw scoring talent. We have a bunch of playmaker but beside Gallagher, we don't have some consitent goal scorer.

Big night for tank nation.

Rangers win, and are within 2 points of the habs with 2 games in hand.

Jersey got a point as well.

Not just at this point. Outside of a Taylor Hall Vs Tyler Seguin type of situation, any team that drafts for need is run by fools. And unsurprisingly? That's what we've done almost every draft with The Charlatan.

I'm not saying we did, but let's just assume for argument's sake that we took Kotkaniemi due to need over BPA.

Who looks better in our lineup right now, Jesperi Kotkaniemi or Quinn Hughes?

Right. This isn't even a serious question, the answer is pretty obvious.

Never, ever, ever, draft for need. You always draft BPA.

Not just at this point. Outside of a Taylor Hall Vs Tyler Seguin type of situation, any team that drafts for need is run by fools. And unsurprisingly? That's what we've done almost every draft with The Charlatan.

Except in our case, when you've been depraved of centers for nearly two decades, the most important position in hockey, you draft every single center you can find until that issue is solved.

Back