CH1
The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
I was gonna post this
one of the worst ads ever
No words
Just a very weird way to want to live imo.
(Not weird for presto/mindz of course)
View: https://x.com/MarioNawfal/status/2103628113523474848?s=20
Just watched Ezra's doom interview with Bill Gates. While I agree AI will be incredibly disruptive, it just feels like the tech world is so disconnected from the reality of most "real" work, and human systems, that they vastly overestimate the speed of AI takeover. But this is surprising for the likes of Gates who by now I would have thought is more in touch with the reality of change...given his foundation work.
You're right, I guess what I meant was that his foundation would have been up against the slumbering mass of human systems constantly in their attempts to deploy humanitarian aid. Witness the slow pace of change and cultural and political minefield. Even in the abstract I thought he'd understand this better.I mean....why would Gates be in touch with reality? Why would any Billionaire be in touch with reality? They don't actually interact with people their foundations benefit, they interact with Sr executives at these foundations, and those people manage the organization...which at it's base is regular people being paid to help other regular people. When do you figure the last time Bill Gates spent more than 10 minutes speaking to someone who wasn't wealthy, or a journalist?
As for AI, I'm genuinely interested in hearing what people think is going to be disruptive about the technology. Not the financial flows of money, their impact on the markets, etc, but the actual technology. It seems to me that it's had next to zero impact on broader employment trends, despite companies falling all over themselves trying to replace talented humans with LLM agents. Companies appear to be suffering for the decisions and rehiring humans far more often than it's led to durable improvements in the business.
There's a couple somewhat famous edge cases (IBM's change to their HR department for example), but none of those suggest that some economy shaking employment event is pending. Just normal, boring implementation of a new technology.