• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother****ing Off Season Thread

Too much with the "I'm the smartest guy in the room" mentality with babcock. His comments are so condescending. Fine to do that with the media, but I can't see him being very different in private.

Shanahan looks pissed.

We completed wasted the window we had with the Nylander, Marner, Matthews ELC's combined with the Rielly, Kadri, Gardiner bargain deals.

Now shit gets tricky.

What a waste is right.

Tonight aside, I thought the Leafs did well in that dept this series.

We did somewhat turn the corner in this about 6 weeks ago. We trended towards the bottom of the league in CA/60 and SCA/60 for most of the season. Starting around the beginning of March though, we were much closer to the middle of the pack in both. Not good enough, but still a big jump forward. That's how we played for most of this series. Removing the last couple stone handed ****s from the blueline, and inserting the Rosen's and Sandin's of the world will make a pretty big difference there. Mind you, Jake has historically been good at that but was a little less good this season...and he's not coming back.

I would fire Babcock.

+1

I think this is the answer. There's no way Dubas wants to work his nuts off all season, get rid of the stone handed defenders, fix or remove the Marleau situation, move Kadri and Brown, put together a faster, better lineup and then have Babcock come into training camp, get in front of cameras and complain about not having enough right handed defenders, not being heavy enough, etc.

The cracks were showing in the second half.

I think if it was 100% up to Dubas, Babcock gets fired. But what's Shanahan thinking?

What doesn't make any sense from Babcock either is he had big guys in Matthews and Muzzin and still didn't use them. So I don't know what the **** he wants.

Back to back embarrassments? Babcock should be let go. He’ll land somewhere else (Winnipeg?). He’ll be fine. Time to pull the ripcord.

It really really puzzled me when Dubas acquired a player Babcock in theory should LOVE and he didn’t lean on him.

we have a 6'3 220 pound franchise horse centre and you won't ****ing play him

we need to get bigger

jesus ****ing christ

What doesn't make any sense from Babcock either is he had big guys in Matthews and Muzzin and still didn't use them. So I don't know what the **** he wants.

This is the one thing that I keep returning to in my head when I question whether or not Babcock actually gets punted this summer. Last year, after under playing Matthews, Babcock had to fly to ****ing Phoenix in the summer to mend the fence. Matthews is coming off of a playoff performance that shut up everyone questioning him after last year's, and he played 18 ****ing minutes in a game where the Leafs didn't kill a single penalty (Babcock's usual excuse for Matthews not getting enough ice). Freddy Gauthier was taking shifts in the 3rd period, and Auston Matthews played 18 minutes. Auston is going to be ****ing choked.

LOL Damien cox just defended Babcock's usage of Matthews by pointing to the TOI of Bergeron and Marchand. Little details not mention, THEY WERE LEADING THE ENTIRE GAME.

Babcock has never been a good post season coach. Only 1 Cup. Though the media make it seem like he's hockey's Bill Belichick.

Back