• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother****ing Off Season Thread

I guess we signed a Garret wilson?
Looks like a signing purely for the Marlies, similar to signing guys like Jooris & Cracknell last summer.

Wilson's a 28 year-old winger who's been a full-time AHLer up until to last season, when he managed to get into the bottom of Pittsburgh's hilariously top-heavy forward group for a little over half the season.

Former Flyers goaltender Michal Neuvirth is training with with Czech team Sparta but has accepted an NHL tryout invite with Toronto, per iSport

Former Flyers goaltender Michal Neuvirth is training with with Czech team Sparta but has accepted an NHL tryout invite with Toronto, per iSport

Was a pretty damn good goalie for most of his career but he makes joffrey lupul look like an Ironman.

Sure, why not, I guess?

Neuvirth seems to go back and forth between being an average NHL goalie in a backup or platoon role, to being god-awful. So if it costs us nothing, may as well see what he looks like when he shows up to training camp 2019, and if he looks any better than Garret Sparks or Michael Hutchinson.

Just because...

Sundin 2007-08 Age 36 (NHL Rank)
P1/60: 2.18 (16th)
GS/60: 3.1 (16th)
rel xGF%: 7.9 (12th)
ixGF/60: 0.89 (15th)
QoC: 30.19 (3rd)
QoT: 31.58 (19th)

Just because...

Sept 30th, will be the 10 year anniversary of his retirement from hockey. Man I feel old.

Sure, why not, I guess?

Neuvirth seems to go back and forth between being an average NHL goalie in a backup or platoon role, to being god-awful. So if it costs us nothing, may as well see what he looks like when he shows up to training camp 2019, and if he looks any better than Garret Sparks or Michael Hutchinson.

He should be due for a good year if the trend continues.

Just because...

man i wish we had the metrics for all those leafs' primes. would be so educational.

man i wish we had the metrics for all those leafs' primes. would be so educational.

Yeah, would anyone be shocked if it turned out that wendel wasnt really any good beyond scoring goals? Kind of like a face punching Laine.

Renaud Lavoie
@renlavoietva
· 10m
The @GoldenKnights are trying to get rid of David Clarkson contract and I’m told the @MapleLeafs could be the team that can trade for him.
Elliotte Friedman
@FriedgeHNIC
This is going to happen involve TOR getting a fourth-round pick and sending Garret Sparks to LV
LOL. LTIR obvs, but it's a strange, strange world.

This is going to happen involve TOR getting a fourth-round pick and sending Garret Sparks to LV

Elliotte Friedman added,
Renaud Lavoie
@renlavoietva
The @GoldenKnights are trying to get rid of David Clarkson contract and I’m told the @MapleLeafs could be the team that can trade for him.

Hilarious all of the idiots on Twitter who don't realise that Clarkson is on LTIR and will allow us to have that cap space available when we spend to the cap. With Horton and Clarkson, the LTIR is approximately 10.5 mill (5.25 x 2 ) ending this coming season as well.

Well I'll be.

Jake Gardiner remains un-signed, I know he wants to return to Toronto, gut says they make it happen

If I'm Jake, at this point I roll the dice and take a 1 yr deal on the cheap. Taking a 5M x 3 or some shit like that has him doing this all over again as a 32 yr old, which is basically a guarantee that nobody is going to throw long term money at him. Go 1 yr on the cheap, show you're healthy, don't have the last thing the market remembers about you being a 2nd game 7 collapse in a row and take a run at your 4-5 yr money deal next year.

Bit of a risk depending on what the long term status of his back is, but it might make the most sense if he's legit healthy.

Then I don't see him back. We just don't have cap room to pay him anything resembling market value.

Well he said that Jake has some real offers on the table and that there's no chance he's back with the leafs.

He also confirmed that Paul marner is in fact, very involved with negotiations.

Fun fact: I do remember a couple years ago, they were legitimately thinking of trading Mitch because his dad was unbearable to deal with. I can't really say how I found out but it was a thing back in the day when he was a rookie. They seemed to have reigned him in a bit since then but the guy is a real lunatic. Mitch needs to keep him in check.

Back