• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

I like the Buffalo pick. White is a solid CB that was also captain at LSU. I also liked them picking up another first next year and third this year moving down. Now they better start gobbling up some lineman. Both OL and DL. Their run defense was terrible last year.

We'll see how the the Browns did with all this. They need a QB, but maybe they're waiting until next year and let that Osweiler scrub take his lumps this year. In the meantime, they stock up elsewhere on the field.

I like the Buffalo pick. White is a solid CB that was also captain at LSU. I also liked them picking up another first next year and third this year moving down. Now they better start gobbling up some lineman. Both OL and DL. Their run defense was terrible last year.

OL is really not good in this draft. I'd like to find a way to get Cam Robinson but doubt he lasts to 44. Beyond him... its weak.

DL they can likely find a pass rusher at some point.

I'm not sure the DL is the biggest need though (Its still a need, just not the biggest) I think the Bills line improves with Dareus not suspended and injured, Shaq Lawson healthy, and the run game is helped due to fact LBs are better with Reggie Ragland healthy.

To me the biggest needs are OLine, and Wide Reciever right now. Though if a DL, LB, or even safety is BPA, i don't mind it.

So many needs though. But right now the two that glare at me are starting RT and #2 WR

DE DeMarcus Walker of FSU would be a good add if they can get him.

Speaking of FSU, I'm a little surprised Dalvin Cook didn't get picked yet. He's a lot like Shady McCoy but with more power.

The Jets did the right thing picking Adams, its just frustrating at this point that its never a top offensive player that falls to them.

They have a long way to go to be relevant. Some nice building blocks on D, but literally no game breaking talent on offense. No linemen, no running backs, no tight end, no receivers. At least they are set at QB with Josh McCown though.

Would have been nice if they were one of the teams to take advantage of the teams moving future firsts to move up for shitty QBs.

DE DeMarcus Walker of FSU would be a good add if they can get him.

Speaking of FSU, I'm a little surprised Dalvin Cook didn't get picked yet. He's a lot like Shady McCoy but with more power.

Health is the concern. And RB class was deep. We say two already off the board in Fournette, McCaffery.

I bet he's gone early in the second though.

There is also Mixon (who has his own issues, of a more personal nature), Kamara, Foreman, Perine, Mack, and a few others.

At least one, maybe two, kids will be selected from Laval today. No surprise really, the Canadian schools are professionalizing their coaching and they'll evetually morph into 1-AA quality. I could see 5 or 6 picks go every year.

He and the coach haven't seen eye to eye. So naturally, you fire the GM after free agency and the day after the draft is done.

#Bills

The GM was effectively fired a few weeks ago when it was announced that the coach would do the pre-draft media luncheon and Whaley wouldn't be there. This is traditionally the GM's show, and him not being there was a huge sign he was done. I think the Bills let McDermott run the draft, and kept Whaley on payroll only so he couldn't be hired by someone else while having knowledge of the Bills draft strategy.

The Pegulas have effectively given McDermott control of the entire organization.

Its highly expected that the assistant GM of Carolina, will be the Bills new GM. Thats where McDermott came from and the two are close.

Back