• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Will Nye Contract Dispute thread

I don't think Trouba would work for me. I don't like that he only has one season to go before UFA, and that to keep him you'd have to pay him the $8M+ they're trying not to pay to Willy. I'm also not really convinced that he is actually the legit top-pairing defenseman he wants to be paid like.

And that's the problem with the "trade Willy for a defenseman" idea. There isn't a singular young defenseman out there who'd be both good value for Nylander and available.

The problem is that young top pairing defencemen are worth more than one-dimensional wingers. Nylander alone won't suffice to get the player we want.

Columbus might lose Panarin. Maybe Willy for Jones or Werenski would interest them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

except that Willy isn't one dimensional and can probably play a mean center.

he'd play center for the jets, for example.

except that Willy isn't one dimensional and can probably play a mean center.

he'd play center for the jets, for example.

One-dimensional was a little harsh...Willy is no JVR. I must be mad at him for holding out, lol.

No.

And why the **** hasn’t he signed already? What’s he going to gain by waiting more? He’s just going to end up missing two months and signing for the same amount. Just take their best offer, try to add $100k to it or whatever to save face, and come back. Every day he sits is just another lost day and paycheck.

If Babpenis had his way deal would be done in minutes for SW

No doubt. It always gave me the eebies that they gave him a management role. Coaching and management should be firmly separated. Good thing is, he doesn't seem to have nearly the sway with Dubas that he had with Lou. Consensus is another word for muting an overly loud voice.

A healthy SW is exactly what you need , forget the contract or age .

He would be perfect on your top 4 and slot the rest in right order .

Sure, but not for Nylander.

I'm pro Shea Weber, and I think that if the Habs were willing to make it cap neutral (eat some salary and take Zaitsev), I'd personally be interested in a deal for him.

Back