• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2018-2019

Just heard on the tv .... sportsnet, that the other gms have said the leafs a shopping a high end forward. Who that means wasnt mentioned, but it could be one of kapanan or Anderson or kadri? I dont know

McQuaid is the kind of move this team would have made back in the Burke/Nonis days, when we wasted assets on plugs like Ryan O'Byrne at the deadline in the name of adding gritty veteran depth on the back-end. I'd be beyond shocked if he was a guy Dubas would considering bringing in, no matter how low his price.

Especially considering Babcock very well might sit Dermott in order to make room for him.

As for my own wish list, it'd be:

• Find a taker for Nikita Zaitsev

• Trade away Zaitsev

• Get Zaitsev off this team

...and so on.

Anything else would be a bonus. A puck-moving RHD to go along with getting rid of Zaitsev would obviously be the best.

Next priority would be adding a winger that'd be an upgrade on Marleau/Brown/Hyman offensively, though that seems like a long-shot.

Leafs called up 3 players from the Growlers to the Marlies

Possible precursor to bodies heading out or just a minor league shuffle

Leafs called up 3 players from the Growlers to the Marlies

Possible precursor to bodies heading out or just a minor league shuffle
There was also yesterday's move to add a minor leaguer from Nashville for "future considerations", and add him directly to the Marlies roster.

Could be trades they're planning for, but they could also be planning for some call-ups after the deadline passes.

Johnston throwing it out there that Brown is available which is no shock
Yeah, wouldn't shock me if Dubas figured it'd be an immediate upgrade if we swapped Brown for Moore or Bracco.

Not to mention the cap space savings.

heh. 'high end'. that's generous.
We may not have won a Cup, or really had any playoff success at all...but who knows.

Maybe we've reached that stage as an organization where other teams figure they can acquire our depth players, and not only will they come with good vibes from being around a "winning environment", but that they'll explode offensively when given a bigger opportunity higher in another team's lineup.

Sort of like Burke/Nonis's thinking behind the deals that brought Versteeg & Bolland from Chicago.

There is no way that there are no old school gms out there that love Brown and think we are under utilizing him and he'd definitely score 20 goals again playing top 6 minutes. Don't think he'd be hard to move.

Also, I just remembered Ryan Hartman was traded for a 1st last deadline.

Last edited:
There is no way that there are no old school gms out there that love Brown and think we are under utilizing him and he'd definitely score 20 goals again playing top 6 minutes. Don't think he'd be hard to move.
Hell, Chicago got a first round pick for Ryan Hartman during last year's trade deadline, and he and Connor Brown are basically the same player.

Back