• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Welcome Jesperi Kotkaniemi

barkov had 24 points in 54 games

and it took him 5 years to develop into a PPG centre

i think JK can do it quicker if handled right

Joe Thornton has 3 goals with Boston as a rookie. He turned out fine. The Mole is amongst our top 9, he deserves to stay.

There is plenty of examples of either side of the argument. Jesperi might turn out to be fine regardless of what we do. But we don't have a great track record with junior age players.

Tkachuk looks legit so far, the way he controls the puck. I know we have JK who might end up being a decent player, but Tkachuk looks more ready now and JK well, we just hope he continues to develop.

Tkachuk looks legit so far, the way he controls the puck. I know we have JK who might end up being a decent player, but Tkachuk looks more ready now and JK well, we just hope he continues to develop.

the Senator guy is basically a year older but likely will not get all that much better

The Mole is a young 18 but will only get better. We got the better player.

BT is a full year older, of course he’s more ready now.

What jK is able to do at the moment taking into account he just turned 18 three months ago is pretty amazing. He’s not tearing it up offensively or dominating but he’s able to look comfortable out there in all three zones and improve key things like faceoffs, play in his end etc...

In two years at the age of 20 this kid will be something

What jK is able to do at the moment taking into account he just turned 18 three months ago is pretty amazing. He’s not tearing it up offensively or dominating but he’s able to look comfortable out there in all three zones and improve key things like faceoffs, play in his end etc...

In two years at the age of 20 this kid will be something

Dunno if this was already posted, but here is an interesting fact :

On October 3, 2018, Montreal Canadiens forward Jesperi Kotkaniemi became the first player born in the 2000s to play in NHL and the four major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada.

Last edited:
I’m just really impressed with Petterson’s game.

Pettersson went undrafted in our fantasy hockey pool. (96 forwards drafted)
I watched 3 Canucks preseason games and had him circled on my list.

I have had a tendency to draft players a year or two before they become really good, so I decided to go with Dadonov, Gourde and Mantha as my last 3 forward picks.

I was already wishing I could take the Mantha pick back and go with Pettersson the day the season started.

At least I am already making noise with my last pick of the pool, defenseman Thomas Chabot.

On my way to repeat last year's victory !

So 6 games into the season....Kotkaniemi has been able to hold his own....impressive for someone that just turned 18.

But for a team that's rebuilding/retooling, that's not enough to warrant keeping him with the big club.

The kid needs to bulk up, and he won't have the luxury to do it in a NHL 82-game season. He also needs to improve his skating/speed. Seeing him on TV and seeing him live are two different things. The kid needs to work on his speed...

We are all excited because he's 18 and he's able to keep up.....but you gotta think big picture/long term return on investment here.

Send him back...

If he is amongst the top 9 forwards he should stay. The default position should be, if you are amongst the top 9, stay.

Not sure how you think he can bulk up playing in Laval or in a fourth tier league. From what I have seen, the Finnish team is shit so not only will he be in a lesser league, he will play with lesser players.

We can't afford to **** this one up and keeping him here Ducharme, Bouchard (close by), Muller is certainly better than 10000km away in a crappier league.

So 6 games into the season....Kotkaniemi has been able to hold his own....impressive for someone that just turned 18.

But for a team that's rebuilding/retooling, that's not enough to warrant keeping him with the big club.

The kid needs to bulk up, and he won't have the luxury to do it in a NHL 82-game season. He also needs to improve his skating/speed. Seeing him on TV and seeing him live are two different things. The kid needs to work on his speed...

We are all excited because he's 18 and he's able to keep up.....but you gotta think big picture/long term return on investment here.

Send him back...

he plays his best in the second half of games so i am not sure you should be commenting on it

I have't been impressed by JK.

Would JK be dominating junior like Suzuki is?

If the answer is "No - JK wouldn't be dominating like Suzuki is because Suzuki is a year older" than the next question would be; Why isn't Suzuki on the Habs instead of JK?

I'm not sure if they are handling JK correctly.

I have't been impressed by JK.

Would JK be dominating junior like Suzuki is?

If the answer is "No - JK wouldn't be dominating like Suzuki is because Suzuki is a year older" than the next question would be; Why isn't Suzuki on the Habs instead of JK?

I'm not sure if they are handling JK correctly.

You haven’t been impressed by a kid that just turned 18 four months ago and is holding his own in the NHL?

I think the problem you have is that you’re not watching the games and basing your assessment on stats.

Sure his stats aren’t standing out but he does alot of good things in each game he plays

Back