• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Well, this is....different - Site Issues

Nope, no VPN.

Working fine this morning so far.
Meh. I've cycled through many providers over the years and while this one can get a little buggy I have found their response time and service acceptable in comparison to others we've used.

It is what it is, I'm not TSN.

Meh. I've cycled through many providers over the years and while this one can get a little buggy I have found their response time and service acceptable in comparison to others we've used.

It is what it is, I'm not TSN.

Hey, I'm not criticizing, it's just been my experience that most sites like feedback on performance.

I've been on lots of sites that work way worse than this one does. I can live with it.

Likely just one node struggling. Also while I'm here, any way to change the 'jump to new post' to actually jump and stay at latest unread post?

Likely just one node struggling. Also while I'm here, any way to change the 'jump to new post' to actually jump and stay at latest unread post?
Not when the thread has Twitter and YouTube hotlinks. It's what is messing that up apparently. I would have to turn off that feature.

The slow load and jump up is due to heavy links in thread. Just don't use hotlinks in threads you deem important.

even if it means scrolling every thread? Can't we just paste a link and then click on them without the embedded part?
have you seen threads like American Politics? I'd wager at least 50% of the posts contain external links. I have no desire to have to individually click each tweet to view it. especially when some individual posts contain multiple links. if I wanted to do that I'd do it on twitter.

and yeah, I've been scrolling for eternity now it feels like. it's a bit annoying but I'm used to it and prefer it to needing external links. I just flag the time and poster of the most recent post I haven't viewed when the page initially loads so I know where to scroll down to.

have you seen threads like American Politics? I'd wager at least 50% of the posts contain external links. I have no desire to have to individually click each tweet to view it. especially when some individual posts contain multiple links. if I wanted to do that I'd do it on twitter.

and yeah, I've been scrolling for eternity now it feels like. it's a bit annoying but I'm used to it and prefer it to needing external links. I just flag the time and poster of the most recent post I haven't viewed when the page initially loads so I know where to scroll down to.
don't read that one and don't care for twitter or its links

Back