• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

You guys are not taking into account the next expansion draft.

Next expansion draft is mostly irrelevant as 1, it won't be a factor in this discussion as Nylander will be protected no matter what team he's on and 2, we don't know when the next expansion draft will be. It could be in two years, maybe it could be in four. We simply don't know.

Nylander is not one of those bubble players that teams think about whether or not they should protect him.

They'll get some cap space when they trade Gardiner

As well they should, unless they're stubborn enough to keep him and let him walk like they will JVR & Bozak. And then they'll have another hole to fill.

It's crazy how the Leafs D never figured out how to clear the zone vs Bruins. And Matthews was a no show. Still took it to 7 games.

As well they should, unless they're stubborn enough to keep him and let him walk like they will JVR & Bozak. And then they'll have another hole to fill.

Gardiner is already a hole. I wouldn't sign JVR. Maybe keep Bozak if the price is right.

You know my opinion in regards to signing players who are in their late 20s / early 30s: No thank you. JVR's turning 29 in a few weeks and Bozak just turned 32. Bozak's going to want term, although the caphit probably won't be that outrageous. JVR's going to ask for a 6-7 year deal at $6M+. I know it's impossible, but if JVR could be had for 3 years, I'd have no issue. But more than that...

Unless a player has HHoF talent (or close to it like Patrick Marleau), they almost always see their production and overall play dip around then. Bozak, unsurprisingly, saw his production be dip to his worse in 5 or 6 years.

It's crazy how the Leafs D never figured out how to clear the zone vs Bruins. And Matthews was a no show. Still took it to 7 games.

Rask was terrible and Anderson was not. The reason it went to seven.

I never saw the hype around Anderson either in the series. A couple of very good games...a lot of bad goals.

Epic collapse in the third by the Leafs. Nice..

What a night for Toronto sports. Watched the Raps win their game, switched it over to Blue Jays for the last 2 innings. Then the same station switched over to the last 3 minutes of the Laffs game ( I was horrified, didn't want to jinx the outcome of the game). Now watching TFC ...tied 3-3 on Aggr. in their Champions league game.

I never saw the hype around Anderson either in the series. A couple of very good games...a lot of bad goals.

Epic collapse in the third by the Leafs. Nice..

Leaf fans forever traumatized by 3rd period collapses against the bruins.

Gotta love it, them being the "lesser" rivals or not.

From the Leafs FI board.

"I want Pig Nose traded.... Never liked him cept for his first game last year. I saw a slacker in him all along.

Total choke tonight, bad, bad choke. We had them like piggies in a blanket."

Anybody here willing to take Matthews off the Leafs hands? LOLOLOLOL

From the Leafs FI board.

"I want Pig Nose traded.... Never liked him cept for his first game last year. I saw a slacker in him all along.

From the Leafs FI board.

Quoting teeds isn't fair.

It would be like quoting Wehave as the consensus for habs fans

With Toronto losing tonight, the questions begs to be asked:

What, exactly, were they thinking?

Why did they keep JVR & Bozak for all this time while they were about to become UFAs and why did they give up a 2nd for Pleks?

I think even the most hopeful of LeafFan didn't really think they'd win this year. They've been doing excellent with their drafting and could have continued with what they would have gotten in return for those two, especially JVR.
A regular question and yet I've never really seen a playoff team be seller at the deadline. Maybe unload a minor piece but never an important player. Well the Blues did this year, and they missed the playoffs. Most teams still value making the playoffs and like to think that if maybe things go right they might have a chance.

A regular question and yet I've never really seen a playoff team be seller at the deadline. Maybe unload a minor piece but never an important player. Well the Blues did this year, and they missed the playoffs. Most teams still value making the playoffs and like to think that if maybe things go right they might have a chance.

In fact the Leafs fans are left wondering if they should have traded for McDonagh. Would they have won the series if so?

Back