• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

They'll pay that ransom for Carlson...assuming he doesn't pull a Mike Green

I think Carlson will be the hot free agent even if Tavares hits the market.

Look out for Philly and the Rangers on Carlson

With Toronto losing tonight, the questions begs to be asked:

What, exactly, were they thinking?

Why did they keep JVR & Bozak for all this time while they were about to become UFAs and why did they give up a 2nd for Pleks?

I think even the most hopeful of LeafFan didn't really think they'd win this year. They've been doing excellent with their drafting and could have continued with what they would have gotten in return for those two, especially JVR.

I suspect we find out Mathews played through a fairly serious injury limiting his effectiveness.

I really like Marner, doesn't shy away under the spotlight. Reilly will be really really good ( and he already is), once he's given a legit partner. Always been a Kadri fan, winning teams need talented ******* players like that.

But Nylander, Zaitsev, Gardiner, I don't see anything special, they seem prone to wilt under the spotlight - pretty disappointing body language.

What does this mean for the 2nd rounder we hot for Pleks?

Where would this pick be?

I suspect we find out Mathews played through a fairly serious injury limiting his effectiveness.

I really like Marner, doesn't shy away under the spotlight. Reilly will be really really good ( and he already is), once he's given a legit partner. Always been a Kadri fan, winning teams need talented ******* players like that.

But Nylander, Zaitsev, Gardiner, I don't see anything special, they seem prone to wilt under the spotlight - pretty disappointing body language.

Of the three young stars they have at forward I see Mathews and Marner being gamers but Nylander played this series like he was playing a mid January game on a Tuesday night in Carolina

Now Boston can get swept by a rested tampa. They have served their purpose.

IMO Nylander's a goner, this summer or next.

For a defenseman, possibly. But you still have to pay that d-man.

Let's say theoretically they trade him for someone like Ryan Ellis or Ivan Provorov. Ellis has two more years and Provorov has one more year. Provorov's going to make $5-$6M on a long-term deal in all likelyhood. They're still going to be under the squeeze financially and won't be able to sign Carlson. He'll make $7.5M+ easy.

Let's say theoretically they trade him for someone like Ryan Ellis or Ivan Provorov. They're still going to be under the squeeze financially and won't be able to sign Carlson. He'll make $7.5M+ easy.

You guys are not taking into account the next expansion draft.

Let's say theoretically they trade him for someone like Ryan Ellis or Ivan Provorov. They're still going to be under the squeeze financially and won't be able to sign Carlson. He'll make $7.5M+ easy.

They'll get some cap space when they trade Gardiner

And there’s talk that Lou is going to try to keep JVR, even if JVR gives in to a discount he will likley get 6 mil/ season

Back