• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

I don’t even bother with sportsnet/fan590 anymore. Also learned IPTV finally so US streams > garbage sportsnet

Toronto and Winnipeg have an abundance of talent, which will cost them dearly. A good problem to have.

Matthews is already a hockey god basically in Toronto. He’s not leaving that and he’ll be satisfied with the money and the endorsements from it

In fact, I wish Nylander would realize that these commercials he’s in lately are all because he plays for the leafs.

this offersheet on Matthews stuff is hilarious, desperate, and sad. yeah Kypreos we're terrified, just shaking.

He's become the bubble-headed beach blonde coming on at 5...sad that we have to wade through that when we should be celebrating all the moments leading up to what we hope to one day achieve.

Is there an offer sheer someone would realistically make, that we wouldn't sign?
There's a compensation jump at 8.1m. So if someone offered like 6 years at 8m, compensation is just a 1st/2nd/3rd.

Or say they offer over that. 8.5m with compensation being 2x1sts plus a 2nd and a 3rd, it starts being tough to want to match that. Especially if the team offering was a lotto team.

Now, whether anyone would actually do that, highly unlikely.

There's a compensation jump at 8.1m. So if someone offered like 6 years at 8m, compensation is just a 1st/2nd/3rd.

Or say they offer over that. 8.5m with compensation being 2x1sts plus a 2nd and a 3rd, it starts being tough to want to match that. Especially if the team offering was a lotto team.

Now, whether anyone would actually do that, highly unlikely.

I believe he was talking about an offer sheet on Matthews.

I believe he was talking about an offer sheet on Matthews.
Oh yeah then no way. The worst someone can do is give him a max contract that takes him right to UFA. But even that you just suck it up and enjoy the next 4 years with him.

Oh yeah then no way. The worst someone can do is give him a max contract that takes him right to UFA. But even that you just suck it up and enjoy the next 4 years with him.

and then sign him to a massive extension the summer before the final season of that deal.

Yeah, our fringe generational #1 centre will cost us more than we wanted him to....waaaaaaah

Matthews, unlike Tavares, is a guy who you ultimately pay whatever is necessary to sign him. And then worry about the rest later, cause he's Auston ****ing Matthews.

Let the hand wringing stop. McBackup gave up 3 third period goals on 14 shots after the Canes dominated the Wild for two periods. Got off with an OT win but should have never come to that.

Let the hand wringing stop. McBackup gave up 3 third period goals on 14 shots after the Canes dominated the Wild for two periods. Got off with an OT win but should have never come to that.

We can re-claim McBackup if needed when Darling returns

early days yet, but quite the year for Zeke to skip the Habs Leafs Sens thread.

Toronto 7Gp 12 Pts 1st in Division

Habs 5 Gp 7 Pts, 3rd in Division

Sens 5 Gp 7 Pts, 1st WC spot

Back