• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Can a coach change?

Anaheim, Detroit, Team canada.

I don't think I am saying he can do over and above what a coach can do. I am just saying he is maybe the most well rounded coach in the game. He's not just an x and os guy. He's a leader.

Lebrun was on the radio yesterday talking about how Babcock believes he can push NHL coaches salaries more in line with coaches in other leagues, and believes this contract could be a big moment for NHL coaches.

Only one team in the league would throw insane money at him.

Rangers will probably Ranger.

Anaheim, Detroit, Team canada.

I don't think I am saying he can do over and above what a coach can do. I am just saying he is maybe the most well rounded coach in the game. He's not just an x and os guy. He's a leader.
That is fair, I think.

Guys like Quinn, Bowman, Babcock ... they're more than "tacticians". They are leaders in the dressing room too.

I dunno if I'd go as far as saying 'changing culture' but they bring more than just x's and o's to a team, that much I do buy.

The biggest thing Babcock can bring that other coaches can't is the fact that no one can blame him for his roster choices, line combos, ice times, systems, etc. etc. If the team fails, the team is simply not good enough. No other coach can bring that.

The biggest thing Babcock can bring that other coaches can't is the fact that no one can blame him for his roster choices, line combos, ice times, systems, etc. etc. If the team fails, the team is simply not good enough. No other coach can bring that.

Everybody on this board questioned Carlyle's lineups. With Babcock, we wouldn't have to, because he's known for utilizing his players in the best manner possible. Nobody would say Babcock would bring us a cup with these guys, but I can guarantee we wouldn't consistently get 40+ shots against game in game out...

Back