• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Claude Julien is new coach of the Habs

I've never been delusionalabout this team. I've always said it's fundamentally flawed and requires a true rebuild. My argument is now that we have a solid and long term coaching group in house, it's time to start the process of being a true contender in 3 years. Moving vets would help the process.

I know it's not gonna happen with MB in charge. I don't need to be reminded about that.

It's also not going to happen with this ownership consortium in charge

If Julien had been told during negotiations that the intention was to rebuild he never would have signed with the Habs. You don't hire a guy like Julien and pay him $5 million a year for five years because you want to rebuild. And I said at the beginning of the season that once you commit to going for it you can't change course. You only go in one direction after that. You can't make a trade like the Weber deal in June and then reverse course in February when you're in first place and it's still two weeks until the trade deadline. You flip the switch on "win now" and that switch stays on for the duration. There is no reverse gear on this bus. The only thing Bergevin can do is make moves in which the future is sacrificed to the needs of the present.

Considering that Timmins has never drafted anyone that we can't live without I see no reason why Sergachev or any other player should be untouchable. Trade them all if need be. Win now requires total commitment. If it works you hang a 25th banner. If it doesn't, the bus drives off a cliff and then you have no choice but to do a complete rebuild instead of the half-assed type that this franchise usually does.

Empty the cupboards.

sometimes you don't get to decide when your team needs a rebuild. the rest of the league does it for you by kicking your ass.

I've never been delusionalabout this team. I've always said it's fundamentally flawed and requires a true rebuild. My argument is now that we have a solid and long term coaching group in house, it's time to start the process of being a true contender in 3 years. Moving vets would help the process.

I know it's not gonna happen with MB in charge. I don't need to be reminded about that.

:iagree:

If Julien had been told during negotiations that the intention was to rebuild he never would have signed with the Habs. You don't hire a guy like Julien and pay him $5 million a year for five years because you want to rebuild. And I said at the beginning of the season that once you commit to going for it you can't change course. You only go in one direction after that. You can't make a trade like the Weber deal in June and then reverse course in February when you're in first place and it's still two weeks until the trade deadline. You flip the switch on "win now" and that switch stays on for the duration. There is no reverse gear on this bus. The only thing Bergevin can do is make moves in which the future is sacrificed to the needs of the present.

Considering that Timmins has never drafted anyone that we can't live without I see no reason why Sergachev or any other player should be untouchable. Trade them all if need be. Win now requires total commitment. If it works you hang a 25th banner. If it doesn't, the bus drives off a cliff and then you have no choice but to do a complete rebuild instead of the half-assed type that this franchise usually does.

Empty the cupboards.

It's tough to go all in when your F1 car is missing the horsepower that no one is going to give you to win the race or your team doesn't have the in house components to implement . The problem with Nero is thinking we are " all in now mode" .

It was flawed and all they did was tinker with spare parts like Byron while our development team failed miserably to draft/ develop the missing links to truly put you in " Win now mode ".

Emptying the cupboards is pointless at this time , it just makes the future more painful to fix .

sometimes you don't get to decide when your team needs a rebuild. the rest of the league does it for you by kicking your ass.

Bingo then it's up to you to decide do you follow the Nucks plan of futility or the Leafs plan to get back on track .

Put me among those who feel the team is nowhere near good enough to win now. Not enough good hockey players, and little of value to trade to other teams to significantly improve the current lot. Bergevin has overrated his personnel, and certainly overates his scouting/drafting. So any kind of rebuild is likely doomed to fail under his regime as well.

As others have stated.

I still think we're only a center and a defensemen away. But Plekanec needs to be replaced, now.

Put me among those who feel the team is nowhere near good enough to win now. Not enough good hockey players, and little of value to trade to other teams to significantly improve the current lot. Bergevin has overrated his personnel, and certainly overates his scouting/drafting. So any kind of rebuild is likely doomed to fail under his regime as well.

As others have stated.

Exactly , overrated and now he stuck himself in a corner trying to punch his way out of this . What pisses me off is he could of got some assets for 14 and 79 years ago and those assets could of been quality players by now. My buddy says a deal with the Kings was all but done for 79 but we said no before they traded for Sekera.

A few more developed players that we missed and a tweak here and there and maybe you can justify sacrificing some future for now .

I want at least reasonable odds of success going all in , not throwing blind darts hoping for a genie in a bottle return .

There is value in prospects like juulsen, bitten, scherbak, mccarron hudon, dlr, etc... what that value is varies from player to player, but they arent worthless.

There is value in prospects like juulsen, bitten, scherbak, mccarron hudon, dlr, etc... what that value is varies from player to player, but they arent worthless.

From what I read today, Julien has already "fallen" for his size, and I guess potential. Anything's possible but I doubt that McCarron will be traded any time soon.

Exactly , overrated and now he stuck himself in a corner trying to punch his way out of this . What pisses me off is he could of got some assets for 14 and 79 years ago and those assets could of been quality players by now. My buddy says a deal with the Kings was all but done for 79 but we said no before they traded for Sekera.

A few more developed players that we missed and a tweak here and there and maybe you can justify sacrificing some future for now .

I want at least reasonable odds of success going all in , not throwing blind darts hoping for a genie in a bottle return .

Yeah it was for a 1st round pick, I think we were still better off with keeping Markov IMO.

sure if you can get me Kopitar and Doughty without giving up half the roster

Or Duchene and Shattenkirk. Shit, even just getting Hanzal would be a decent improvement. Plekanec is useless right now, I can't stand watching him anymore.

Back