• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

Maybe this is way Pacioretty was so bad last night?

John Lu‏Verified account
@JohnLuTSNMtl
2h2 hours ago
More
#Habs Julien is uncertain about the availability of Pacioretty, Drouin and Benn (all flu-ridden) Saturday vs #Leafs. Status is questionable for them.

I'm starting to think that these announcements are just another way for management to shield players from media scrutiny. A guy has a $hitty game and next thing you know the team announces that he's got the flu or some other nondescript ailment, won't be at practice, and is "day-to-day".

Bergevin will be in hiding for the next week or so. He's not into accountability unless he's got a scapegoat handy. But ultimately this is the team he has built. It's on him.

We need this guy to score more...he can shoot the puck well.

3 goals up until now is a disappointment but I can't blame him too much because he only recently started getting some productive wingers.

I didnt trade my only bargaining stud chip for 3 goals and barely on pace for 55 points .

Amazing night boys !!!

Meet Dave Keon, Gilbert, Cournoyer(again), Bourque, Denis Savard, Frank Maholvich....and of course got to touch the Stanley Cup

Dave Keon is one serious dude....but a true legend

I'm starting to think that these announcements are just another way for management to shield players from media scrutiny. A guy has a $hitty game and next thing you know the team announces that he's got the flu or some other nondescript ailment, won't be at practice, and is "day-to-day".

Bergevin will be in hiding for the next week or so. He's not into accountability unless he's got a scapegoat handy. But ultimately this is the team he has built. It's on him.

At some point Molson will hopefully realize that he needs to hire a team President with a hockey background to supervise whoever the GM is, like TML did with Shanahan. Molson doesn't know enough about hockey to be his GM's direct boss, as has become painfully clear.

I know Drouin is young, but honestly i was expecting much more, and as i said before, i don't think he will be the no1 C of this organisation which everyone were looking for during decades, that means the problem in C still remain. Again come back to the point: Trading a franchise D for a winger, hmmm.

Last edited:

and for people hoping for tanking, i bet you that won't fix the issue of this organisation knowing the fcuking management and how they suck in players development . Look at where 27 was drafted and look how they ruined the kid.

I know Drouin is young, but honestly i was expecting much more, and as i said before, i don't think he will be the no1 C of this organisation which everyone were looking for during decades, that means the problem in C still remain. Again come back to the point: Trading a franchise D for a winger, hmmm.

You think Yzerman was handing us a franchise 1C for Chevy , keep dreaming Hab fans .

If he was one them he wasn't going anywhere or he gets way more in return from another team .

He will be a nice top 6 player but not a top C.

and for people hoping for tanking, i bet you that won't fix the issue of this organisation knowing the fcuking management and how they suck in players development . Look at where 27 was drafted and look how they ruined the kid.

We are bottom 5 right now , tanking can't be worse down the road. At least it gives you some hope .

This regime will be gone by years end minus the fat pig behind the bench . He will get at least 1 more year.

You think Yzerman was handing us a franchise 1C for Chevy , keep dreaming Hab fans .

If he was one them he wasn't going anywhere or he gets way more in return from another team .

He will be a nice top 6 player but not a top C.

That is something i said after few games and some '' The Same People'' laughed. The issue is he is not even a great goal scorer. Good passer, smart player, but was it really worth trading a guy like Sergachev in return of Drouin?? Certainly Habs wasn't the winner, as some french media and fans claims.

Make Brisebois the GM and Quintal the president. or offer Steve Y whatever it takes to bring him to Mtl as GM.

Last edited:
Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

You're hatred of Serge is weird. Having a top 20 scorers doesn't equal to winning. Blame it on Lemaire if you want but that was winning recipe for a while, short of having a dynasty. We've made it to the finals 3 times during his reign and had some pretty solid team. And he never ignored our center line, unlike the last 4 GMs we had.
Missing out on Soviet players compounded by horrendous draft record post 84, was a seismic failure of vision which paved the way for 25-years of failure - just as or more monumental than MBs complete failure in not foreseeing the evolution of D position in todays NHL.

GMs are paid to execute and foresee the future, failure of vision takes years / decades to overcome.

People can blame the St.Patrick trade but the plunge into the abyss started well before with that lack of vision. By 93 there were at least 8-10 teams so far ahead of the Habs in terms of pure talent, due to simply capitalizing on the fall of the wall. #elitefreebietalent

To rub salt into the wound alcoholic decided MB was a better GM candidate because “it’s a matter of respect”!

Good too see his lack of vision is alive & kicking. re: elite businesses are run by brightest talent in this age of a globalized workforce

Last edited:

Missing out on Soviet players compounded by horrendous draft record post 84, was a seismic failure of vision which paved the way for 25-years of failure - just as or more monumental than MBs complete failure in not foreseeing the evolution of D position in todays NHL.

GMs are paid to execute and foresee the future, failure of vision takes years / decades to overcome.

People can blame the St.Patrick trade but the plunge into the abyss started well before with that lack of vision. By 93 there were at least 8-10 teams so far ahead of the Habs in terms of pure talent, due to simply capitalizing on the fall of the wall. #elitefreebietalent

To rub salt into the wound alcoholic decided MB was a better GM candidate because “it’s a matter of respect”!

Good too see his lack of vision is alive & kicking. re: elite businesses are run by brightest talent in this age of a globalized workforce

Sal who was in the running with Nero for the GM job .

Sal who was in the running with Nero for the GM job .
No idea - public knowledge has McGuire being interviewed, Nill bowing out of the process before it began, speculation has Julien Brisebois also having been interviewed.

Savard said on a radio interview he made the final recommendation of MB because he was “Francophone..it’s a matter of respect to the fan base” (his words when interviewed by Nilan). Melnick has stated it came down to McGuire vs MB.

Sal - do you realize that you essentially put down other cultures and people that are "different" than you in every single one of your posts?

Are you doing that on purpose or are you unaware of your prejudice?

Sal - do you realize that you essentially put down other cultures and people that are "different" than you in every single one of your posts?

Are you doing that on purpose or are you unaware of your prejudice?
Not really I put down everyone - I’m especially harsh on “my own people”

Beauty of America...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UXL16tdr36k

Last edited:

Price is practicing with the team for the first time since November 2.

Schlemko is there too.

"Respecting the fan base" to me means respecting them enough to give them a chance to see a winning team rather than using the franchise as a make-work project for unqualified francophones who are in over their heads.

Back