• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

Of course, as always, APH lagging behind the herd. Seems like a fairly consistent trend of ACB leading the charge, WEED lagging behind and APH crawling to the finish line.

Yep. I still don't ****ing get it. I think that when things like profits actually start to matter, APH is going to shine. But for now in the hype cycle, ACB is the shiny toy of the market.

Yep. I still don't ****ing get it. I think that when things like profits actually start to matter, APH is going to shine. But for now in the hype cycle, ACB is the shiny toy of the market.

Yup that's the hope. Going to stay patient and trust my research with APH. Hopefully the patience pays off down the road.

February has now seen 3 of the worst 21 days in DJIA history.

Feb 2: -2.54% (666 points)
Feb 5: -4.6% (1175 points)
Feb 8: -4.15% (1032 points)

February has now seen 3 of the worst 21 days in DJIA history.

Feb 2: -2.54% (666 points)
Feb 5: -4.6% (1175 points)
Feb 8: -4.15% (1032 points)

SPY Puts contained damage in my portfolio but damn, this was a great opportunity to make crazy dough. I generally do well with corrections but this market lulled me sleep. Oh well, onto the next trade...

yikes. over 2 months of gains gone in less than a week. and now that it crashed through the 24k barrier it could tumble further quick.

Some really big volumes on this downward move. Best chart to look at is a one year chart with volume well displayed.

What does the big volume mean? It means Market Makers, have had to eat up a lot of stock. What does that mean?

It means there is going to be one heckuva bounce at some point, and it might be a face ripper as well.

Some really big volumes on this downward move. Best chart to look at is a one year chart with volume well displayed.

What does the big volume mean? It means Market Makers, have had to eat up a lot of stock. What does that mean?

It means there is going to be one heckuva bounce at some point, and it might be a face ripper as well.

face rippers are actually quite bearish..... they usually occur in bear markets when shorts panic buy. then sellers reload at higher prices.

Yes, I would say so One story personally,is a older friend of mine laughed at an offer for one of his two 25 plus townhome real estate projects. He told me, and i said sell the first one, the second one is almost a freebie. He said, " but the stockmarket is so good", I said yeah, but its almost too good. I said just sell.

He just phoned me now and said the guy has taken the offer off the table. He contacted me a week from tuesday originally. Poor guy, his economy has sure been affected.

Any threats to the overall economy over this?

Economic indicators are still strong but the market got ahead of itself. No downswing since early 2016. People were passively shorting volatility and getting paid over and over again. That trade died on Monday.

Two sided risk is back in the mix + Rates going up = big money wants to deleverage. Algos don't waste any time -- way more efficient than human money managers.

@sentimentrader
Since 1897, this is the 4th-fastest decline into "correction" territory for the Dow from an all-time high.

face rippers are actually quite bearish..... they usually occur in bear markets when shorts panic buy. then sellers reload at higher prices.

Indeed they are my wise friend. But you can make a lot of money off of them if you buy say 50k shares of xiv @5.00 bucks and it goes to 6.50 to 7.00

Economic indicators are still strong but the market got ahead of itself. No downswing since early 2016. People were passively shorting volatility and getting paid over and over again. That trade died on Monday.

Two sided risk is back in the mix + Rates going up = big money wants to deleverage. Algos don't waste any time -- way more efficient than human money managers.

@sentimentrader
Since 1897, this is the 4th-fastest decline into "correction" territory for the Dow from an all-time high.

As long as people arent losing money they can't afford to lose

Indeed they are my wise friend. But you can make a lot of money off of them if you buy say 50k shares of xiv @5.00 bucks and it goes to 6.50 to 7.00

Those volatility ETNS are broken. I'd rather go long via ES futures.

Back