• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

I was there last night and a very small percentage of the crowd was definitely still cheering afterwards but this whole narrative is a joke and convenient for the Warriors medical staff. Ridiculous that it has totally hijacked this thread though. As Zeke's vids show, this happens everywhere and would have happened in any other barn in the league had we not been in the finals. Warriors fans were bitching that Durant wasn’t coming back earlier in the series when guys like Looney & Cousins made their comebacks but we’re the bad guys!?!

I didn't cheer but I wasn't shedding any tears for KD (although the video was painful to watch). He had no business playing in this series and his injury/potential return seemed to be the main topic of discussion for the last week when it was clear he should not have been playing. The guy didn’t even get in a full practice but people started talking like this guy was going to come in and stomp on the less talented Raps for 3 straight W’s…that’s not KD’s fault but I wasn’t holding my breath for him to get up after listening to all that crap.

Snaps his Achilles on a low impact play 12 minutes into his return but they claim it’s a totally separate issue from what he had been dealing with the last month? Oook. Shitty that some people cheered but the Warriors organization/KD only have themselves to blame. Also rich to hear guys like DeMarcus & Draymond talk about others being classless.

this is a massive, massive black mark on the Warriors.

on the medical staff for clearing him. on ownership and management for not doing everything to protect him. on the players and coaches for pressuring KD to play and calling him a pussy in every damn interview, and never one saying that his health comes first.

shameful. they better max him.

Was I the only person who totally expected he’d injure himself before it happened?

Definitely wasn’t expecting an Achilles injury, but almost for sure expected a reinjury. And it looked like it happened when they initially took him out and wrapped up his leg.

on the medical staff for clearing him. on ownership and management for not doing everything to protect him. on the players and coaches for pressuring KD to play and calling him a pussy in every damn interview, and never one saying that his health comes first.

If they don't, i'm sure the Knicks will still be desperate enough to take the risk.

Max him? Why would they or anyone even sign him now?

KendrickPerkins

Looney is another example! It’s no way in Hell that man should have been playing after the 1st time he got injured! Who’s also up for a big pay day! Players better wake up and start protecting themselves because when a team is done using you they can care less about you!

I was there last night and a very small percentage of the crowd was definitely still cheering afterwards but this whole narrative is a joke and convenient for the Warriors medical staff. Ridiculous that it has totally hijacked this thread though. As Zeke's vids show, this happens everywhere and would have happened in any other barn in the league had we not been in the finals. Warriors fans were bitching that Durant wasn’t coming back earlier in the series when guys like Looney & Cousins made their comebacks but we’re the bad guys!?!

I didn't cheer but I wasn't shedding any tears for KD (although the video was painful to watch). He had no business playing in this series and his injury/potential return seemed to be the main topic of discussion for the last week when it was clear he should not have been playing. The guy didn’t even get in a full practice but people started talking like this guy was going to come in and stomp on the less talented Raps for 3 straight W’s…that’s not KD’s fault but I wasn’t holding my breath for him to get up after listening to all that crap.

Snaps his Achilles on a low impact play 12 minutes into his return but they claim it’s a totally separate issue from what he had been dealing with the last month? Oook. Shitty that some people cheered but the Warriors organization/KD only have themselves to blame. Also rich to hear guys like DeMarcus & Draymond talk about others being classless.

Yes to everything here.

It should also put the Kawhi injury in a different light for anyone who thinks that he quit on SAS last year. KD has team doctors and his own doctors telling him that he was good to go. SAS doctors and the first few doctors Kawhi spoke to tried to tell him the same thing. Kawhi knew something wasn't right with him though and kept getting medical opinions until someone found his problem.

Golden State is getting a free pass here because a couple thousand raptor fans lost their minds temporarily.

Everyone who saw KD 24 hours earlier attempt a very soft practice was shocked eh was cleared to play.
In some ways the talk of the cheering is taking away from the epic ****up this was by the Warriors.

It should also put the Kawhi injury in a different light for anyone who thinks that he quit on SAS last year. KD has team doctors and his own doctors telling him that he was good to go. SAS doctors and the first few doctors Kawhi spoke to tried to tell him the same thing. Kawhi knew something wasn't right with him though and kept getting medical opinions until someone found his problem.

Yep. Raps look really good. Hopefully Kawhi appreciates that.

The guys cost KD a **** ton of money. And it wasn't even a freak accident. First hard cut he made and it popped. He had no business being allowed to play.

Finals

Kawhi: 40.4min, 29.8pts (28.8usg%, 61.2ts%), 10.6rb, 4.4ast, +4.7nrtg
Curry: 41.7min, 32.4pts (30.1usg%, 60.7ts%), 5.6rb, 5.8ast, -4.5nrtg

Kyle: 37.4min, 14.2pts (19.0usg%, 50.9ts%), 3.4rb, 6.6ast, +4.8nrtg
Dray: 40.7min, 12.8pts (17.1usg%, 54.8ts%), 9.2rb, 8.6ast, -5.6nrtg

Spicy: 38.9min, 18.6pts (20.9usg%, 53.2ts%), 6.8rb, 3.8ast, +4.7nrtg
Klay: 39.0min, 25.0pts (22.3usg%, 66.1ts%), 4.8rb, 3.0ast, -6.1nrtg

Gasol: 29.2min, 13.8pts (17.4usg%, 66.8ts%), 7.0rb, 2.4ast, +8.4nrtg
Looney: 19.2min, 5.8pts (13.2usg%, 61.3ts%), 3.3rb, 0.5ast, -2.4nrtg
Bogut: 10.4min, 3.0pts (8.9usg%, 85.7ts%), 3.5rb, 0.8ast, -2.3nrtg

Danny: 29.1min, 8.8pts (14.0usg%, 53.7ts%), 4.0rb, 0.8ast, +9.3nrtg
Iggy: 31.3min, 6.6pts (12.7usg%, 43.7ts%), 5.0rb, 4.4ast, -6.4nrtg

Fred: 32.2min, 12.4pts (15.5usg%, 58.5ts%), 2.8rb, 2.6ast, +6.2nrtg
Shaun: 16.3min, 4.4pts (14.1usg%, 48.8ts%), 1.8rb, 1.8ast, -17.3nrtg
Cook: 15.1min, 5.4pts (16.7usg%, 50.2ts%), 0.8rb, 1.0ast, -11.5nrtg

Ibaka: 18.8min, 10.6pts (22.4usg%, 61.9ts%), 5.6rb, 0.8ast, +4.1nrtg
Boogie: 17.9min, 7.6pts (24.2usg%, 49.9ts%), 4.6rb, 2.4ast, -3.8nrtg

Powell: 11.0min, 2.2pts (9.8usg%, 46.3ts%), 1.0rb, 0.8ast, +20.6nrtg
McKinnie: 9.4min, 2.6pts (15.3usg%, 39.8ts%), 1.4rb, 0.4ast, +3.9nrtg

More realtalk from shannon:

[video=youtube;wi4lByDf1qo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi4lByDf1qo[/video]

Oh, and Klay has a very special "**** you" he wants to sent to Zeke. He's having the greatest 3 point shooting finals in NBA history currently.

Back