• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

also curious what cheering people are talking about?

is it when it first happens? - would most of that not be for the steal, rush down the court, and shot attempt?

or after when there is little noise and lowry, zerge, etc are telling the crowd to quiet down?

both?

I would say the after. There was pretty clearly misplaced happiness over Kevin coming up lame. The initial cheering was clearly for the steal, remember that the Raps looked to be in the middle of a run when this happened. GS missed a couple of shots in a row and Serge was in the middle of doing Serge things when he got that steal.

It's unmistakable though that the crowd reacted poorly when it was clear that Durant was hurt.

Based on results thus far, and with Durant now out of the picture, we should win on Thursday.

the Raptors simply have to shoot average, instead of horrid, and their defence should take care of the rest. as it has for much of the time so far.

surprising source of rational takes:

[video=youtube;zUreUZNO-ks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUreUZNO-ks[/video]

Austin Karp

@AustinKarp
ABC drew a 13.4 overnight for Warriors-Raptors Game 5 last night. That's the network's 5th-best NBA Finals Game 5 on record (dating back to 2003). Also +37% from Game 4 (normally that jump is in the +8% range). among 96 NBA Finals games on ABC all-time, this is No. 16 in rating

wow those are huge numbers. they don't even include canadian numbers.

turns out all that needed to happen was for americans to realize that this wasn't a no-brainer GSW walkover.

The Onion @TheOnion
9m
Warriors GM Bob Myers Announces Kevin Durant Tore Achilles, Clears Him To Play Game 6 trib.al/RXGOe4X

At the game, sure. Fair enough.

Jurassic park also cheered.

I know there is probably a response later on but I decided to chime in.

Initial reaction is completely normal...ever heard of collective behaviour? When at the game or in Jurassic Park and you see the leagues best player start off like the super star that he is, and you see him go down, you cannot control your gut reaction....now multiply that by the 30 K plus inside and out and this is what you get as an initial reaction.

Hell, I suffered the same injury and when I saw him go down I was dancing and cheering as well because I saw that with Durant playing the way he had started, this championship could be gone.
Right after that, I felt bad .... but you can't control initial reaction. Just like your initial reaction is to hate all things Toronto.

I would say the after. There was pretty clearly misplaced happiness over Kevin coming up lame. The initial cheering was clearly for the steal, remember that the Raps looked to be in the middle of a run when this happened. GS missed a couple of shots in a row and Serge was in the middle of doing Serge things when he got that steal.

It's unmistakable though that the crowd reacted poorly when it was clear that Durant was hurt.

some of the crowd

yes

Back