• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

2003-04 just everyone is 20-25 instead of 30-35.

giphy.gif

So can we now agree that Dubas appears to have a pretty good handle on creating/managing the salary cap?

The idea that the dubes was gonna lose a young elite talent instead of dumping Marleau and Zaitsev is hilarious.

I heard mirtle on the radio today saying that the Leafs will still likely need to trade Johnsson or Kapanen if Marner comes in over 10 mill but I don’t think that’s accurate either. Mirtle has been very negative about this FO it seems.

I heard mirtle on the radio today saying that the Leafs will still likely need to trade Johnsson or Kapanen if Marner comes in over 10 mill but I don’t think that’s accurate either. Mirtle has been very negative about this FO it seems.

It's like these people forget that Cody Ceci 1) exists 2) Isn't a good hockey player 3) Is being paid 4.5 million dollars for being a bad hockey player & 4) Is moveable because he's only has one season on his contract.

If we absolutely had to move a body to fit Mitch in, he's not moving someone who is worth their contract, he's moving the one guy who isn't worth his contract.

Also, its just bad math. Why would the Leafs trade Kappy or Johnsson or anyone instead of just carrying a 20 man roster. Why the hell do you think press box bodies are more important than top 6 players?

They have $11.865 mill in cap space with Horton on LTIR and a 19 man roster.

Not to mention Hyman on LTIR to start the year frees up plenty of space to fill out the roster.

I have them with at least $10.5m in capspace with a 22 man roster. Marner at 10-10.5 m would have them right near the cap with a 23 man roster.

Around the end of the 2nd hour or start of the 3rd hour of Overdrive, Miller and Simmons started to read mean tweets about themselves for at least five minutes. It was quality content. At one point Simmons claimed “not many people can do what we do and do it well!”

Well, it's either they believe they're good at what they do, or they go home and hang themselves, no?

Imagine coming to the realization that your a ****ing buffoon, a circus animal in a polo shirt, shitting yourself publicly on a daily basis to keep your family from starvation. Would drive you mad if you accepted it.

Meh clearly they feel they’re good at what they do but found it comical to hear him confident enough to proclaim it on air (twice)

Corey Pronman has been doing his farm system rankings and the Leafs are number 21.

1. Rasmus Sandin
2. Jeremy Bracco
3. Joseph Wall
4. Nicholas Robertson
5. Timothy Liljegren
6. Ian Scott
7. Ilya Mikheyev
8. Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
9. Pierre Engvall
10. Teemu Kivihalme
11. Adam Brooks
12. Mikko Kokkonen
13. Michael Koster
14. Joseph Duszak
15. Mac Hollowell
16. Jordan Schmaltz
17. Eemeli Rasanen
18. Yegor Korshkov
19. Dmytro Timashov
20. Mikhail Abramov
21. Semyon Kizimov
22. Riley Stotts
23. Nicholas Abruzzese
24. Mason Marchment
25. Pontus Holmberg
26. Kalle Loponen
27. Jesper Lindgren
28. Vladislav Kara
29. Filip Kral

His irrational Lilly campaign continues. He loved Lilly when the kid was a mess and every advancement the kid makes takes him down a notch with pronman

His irrational Lilly campaign continues. He loved Lilly when the kid was a mess and every advancement the kid makes takes him down a notch with pronman

Yeah it's really strange, he's still 19 in the AHL playing huge minutes, even without the points that's very impressive, he's easily the Leafs number 2 prospect.

Yeah it's really strange, he's still 19 in the AHL playing huge minutes, even without the points that's very impressive, he's easily the Leafs number 2 prospect.

I honestly don't even care about point production from Liljegren. If all he does is give us another guy on the right side who can move the puck effectively, play a matchup role and eat minutes, he'll be just what the doctor ordered.

And yeah, by all reports, that's what he did for the Marlies for most of last season.

Back