• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

ChiefFemaleBaboon-size_restricted.gif

[video=youtube;LR3P4Clb6No]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR3P4Clb6No[/video]

(I'll admit, I was a big fan of the Hulk TV series way back when)

Yeah, I downloaded it and watched it at your prompting.

It wasn't the epic mess I was expecting given the rumours during production (they came back for a metric ****ton of re shoots), but it was just meh and boring. It must have been a legit train wreck for execs to have looked at it, and then decided to go with this instead.

It wasn't the epic mess I was expecting given the rumours during production (they came back for a metric ****ton of re shoots), but it was just meh and boring. It must have been a legit train wreck for execs to have looked at it, and then decided to go with this instead.
I think that the worst thing one can ever say about a movie is that its boring.

I didn't like Solo, because I though it was stupid in many parts, didn't find it entertaining, but I wouldn't call it boring. To me, it was Meh. Wanted my time back by the end of it, but never wanted to take a nap.

Dark Phoenix I literally considered leaving, but remembered I had paid to see it.

Not sure if you've read about it, but the reshoots (my understanding) were because the original ending was too similar to Ct. Marvel.

Complex @Complex
Marvel Studios president says they approach Keanu Reeves for "almost every film we make." cmplx.co/o2RvQcU

Makes sense.

Murder Mystery with Sandler/Aniston...terrible, pretty much unwatchable.

I still don't get how they greenlight these shitty scripts.

Ya, I hold out hope for a mindless guffaw filled Sandler movie, but Murder Mystery was extra terrible and unfunny. Nice filming locations was the best thing about it.

Murder Mystery with Sandler/Aniston...terrible, pretty much unwatchable.

I still don't get how they greenlight these shitty scripts.

It’s Netflix. They just hand talent a bunch of money and hope it works out. They are exteremely hands off. They seem to be doing ok financially with that model.

So I had never heard of the movie at all, but I was randomly searching Netflix for something to watch last night and stumbled across The Captive with Ryan Reynolds and Scott Speedman. An Egoyan film, so I imagine maybe this had more exposure in Canada.

Anyway, what an awesome, awesome movie. Highly recommend it.

Euphoria on HBO is surprising. Was not expecting what they are doing with this show about teenagers. No teenage tropes, no mean cliques. Lots of drugs and sex and beatings. And visually wild. Features a drug dealer from hell who could easily slide into a Breaking Bad episode.

Back