• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019 NHL Entry Draft

Benoit Pouliot is another player that comes to mind when viewing Lavoie in a worse-case scenario kind of way. Not a complete bust like Esposito, but no way near good enough even if he were a mid first rounder. Had an average career, but the pieces didn't all quite fit. Still,Lavoie...tempting.

Chris Peters mocked the first two rounds.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/st...l-mock-draft-how-all-31-teams-ace-their-picks

_____

petersmock.png

Had a look at the hockey news annual on prospects. Yeah, even there reports don't seem to be as glowing as usual when you get past a half dozen players or so.

Given the first handful I'm assuming we won't get, these are guys I'd be interested in in the first round,first few in order of preference:

Cole Caulfield, Alex Newhook, Victor Soderstrom,Raphael Lavoie, Arthur Kaliyev, Thomas Harley, and in random order Cam York, Spencer Knight(goalie), Ville Heinola,Moritz Seider, Jakub Pelletier. And of course any of the lot if they fell to our next pick, I'm assuming in the second round.

I may have a hometown bias on Lavoie and know some are doubtful on him. The only other one I've seen play is Pelletier, on a couple of occasions. Wasn't great in those games, but is probably better than showed and is intriguing.

Second round,I'd look at any of the above and then any of Bobby Brink, Egor Afanasyev, Ryan Johnson. Next tier for that round Matthew Robertson, Philip Tomasino, Albin Grewe

Other players that checked a few boxes for me,perhaps in late second round or beyond,generally in order of preference- Yegor Spiridonov, Alex Beaucage, Maxim Cajovic, Vladislav Firstov, Aaron Huglen, Ethan Phillips, Adam Beckman, Nathan Legare, Ethan Keppen,Simon Holmstrom , Mattias Maccelli,Graeme Clarke , Blake Murray, Cole Mackay,

Comments or insights? Anyone else have a read on any of them? I am going sight unseen with minimal info except for the couple mentioned. And for god sakes, don't let the guys in the backyard escape, but only if they are any good.

Its a solid top 10 draft according to my scout contact. This was the year to add another A level prospect to go with Suzuki

We pissed away our chance at probably one of Boldy, Krebs or Podkolzin

?

I still get it.

I tried in February to renew after about a decade of subscribing

I got this no longer available in your region message .

I called ESPN and they confirmed service is no longer available in the Ontario region .

Switched to the Athletic ....its great but ESPN has more content on draft coverage of the big 4 sports

Its a solid top 10 draft according to my scout contact. This was the year to add another A level prospect to go with Suzuki

We pissed away our chance at probably one of Boldy, Krebs or Podkolzin

I really like Brink, but he'll go in the first. Cole Caufield is going in the top 5, no chance we get him.

Cozens is sliding; I'd be tempted to give up a pick to move up and grab him if he makes it out of the top 10

I really like Brink, but he'll go in the first. Cole Caufield is going in the top 5, no chance we get him.

Cozens is sliding; I'd be tempted to give up a pick to move up and grab him if he makes it out of the top 10

I don't see Caufield in the top 5 , I see Edmonton at 8 .

Absolutely would try to pick up Cozens , cant see him falling past 7 IMO .

The draft intrigue starts at 3 with the Hawks who I expect to take Turcotte .

A bit of talk that Lassi Thomson could be a sleeper pick.

Very good skater and a bomb for a shot

Shrug. He'd be an ok pick, but I'm not sure I'd take him at 15. Rather trade down to 20-25, get an extra second or third if that was the case.

He's another player along the long list that do nothing for me.

Thoughts on Moritz Seider?

Don’t know anything about any of the prospects, but from the outside layman eyes looking in, this seems to be a very 2008 type draft...D heavy especially in the “teens” - where the Habs pick rests.

Didn’t Karlsson go at the magic number 15? [emoji6]

Don’t know anything about any of the prospects, but from the outside layman eyes looking in, this seems to be a very 2008 type draft...D heavy especially in the “teens” - where the Habs pick rests.

Didn’t Karlsson go at the magic number 15? [emoji6]

I think its practically assured Habs take a dman

Arpon Basu

Interesting, @TSNBobMcKenzie's draft rankings, a survey of 10 NHL scouts, has Soderstrom, Broberg, Seider, Harley and York ranked 14-18, or ranked 2-6 among d-men. Keep saying it, but if the Canadiens had to choose a year to pick 15th, this would be it

Arpon Basu

Interesting, @TSNBobMcKenzie's draft rankings, a survey of 10 NHL scouts, has Soderstrom, Broberg, Seider, Harley and York ranked 14-18, or ranked 2-6 among d-men. Keep saying it, but if the Canadiens had to choose a year to pick 15th, this would be it

Harley or Broberg

They like American kids but doubt York falls to 15

Back