• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

With his lack of high end skating, he was always going to need slower development. Kind of incredible how bad Zona ****ed this one up. They may have traded away the most coveted player type in hockey for a bag of pucks.

NS is a good player when healthy , he may pan out as well . But a solid play by the Hawks to take a chance on DS.

Vegas is looking amazing since that Stone trade. I won't tell you they are about to fall apart I swear...
They might have a better shot this year.

NS is a good player when healthy , he may pan out as well . But a solid play by the Hawks to take a chance on DS.
Schmaltz is probably a 55 point ceiling and as a winger. He is also sooner due to be paid vs strome and might get a regrettable deal. Stan saved his job in my eyes with the deal

Starting to feel bad for some of that fan base

They are screwed

https://twitter.com/edmontonoilers/status/1108541233574481921?s=21
It really is incredible that Nicholson is still in charge, and will be picking their next GM.

I mean, this is the guy who promised a full audit of the organization when he originally came into his job, and then admitted after he fired Chiarelli that it never happened. He left the entire existing hockey ops structure in place, and simply dropped Chiarelli into the GM chair without conducting any kind of GM search or interview process.

He also had a front-row seat for the entirety of Chiarelli's destruction of the organization and did nothing.

The Chiarelli hiring was a lot like the Burke hiring, he was a Cup-winning GM willing to take over a floundering franchise and put it back on the map.

Not an Oilers fan, but I could see the spin on having Chiarelli/McLellan after 15 seasons under Lowe/Tambellini/McTavish and McTavish/Quinn/Renney/Krueger/Eakins/Nelsen behind the bench.

I remember when there were rumors that Bob Nicholson was in the running to be president of the Leafs. Dodged a bullet there.

It gets worse

He later apologized to Rieder for the comments saying he crossed the line and hopes they can move on

How tone deaf is he to not see the collateral damage from this with future FAs
aac3c93cae6f8445921539cacb42eabd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Thats ridiculous. Someone in the organization need to come out and say "actually the reason the Oilers aren't a playoff team is Bob Nicholson and all the stupid decisions management has made that he is responsible for".

Looks like Eugene Melynk didn't like Nicholson and the Oilers temporarily taking the spotlight as Canada's most dysfunctional team.

So, he decided to go on Ottawa radio to, among other things:

• Claim that fans who are critical of the team's direction aren't "real" Senators fans (cited an example of a critical fan online being a 12-year old from Toronto)

• Called the team's TSN beat reporter (Ian Mendes) "bush league"

• Threaten the mayor of Ottawa, saying that "he'd better keep his mouth shut"

• Repeatedly trashed the Leaf rebuild, saying "mistakes were made, and someone forgot about defense"

Back