• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

Melnyk is an idiot who is running hockey operations. He knows nothing about hockey.

Only thing separates him and Aquilini is the later at least spends money (or at least his father's money). Cheap owner + being involved in the hockey operations is just doubling down.

I disagree. After Hughes and Kappo, there are a handful of centers/defensemen with better U18 seasons than Tkachuk (Byram, Cozens Dach, Zegras) , plus a bunch of guys from the USNDTP that were much better at the same age than Tkachuk (Boldy/Caufield).

You'd be hard pressed to walk out of the draft with a player worse than Tkachuk even in the 8-10 range. And even if you don't get the elite prospects, you still end up with a more talented player at a more impactful position. For example, I am sure you Habs fans are much happier with Kotk over Tkachuk.

Giving up this years pick for last year made no sense after they didn't win the lotteries.

Exactly, they should of ended the trade last year and moved on .

It's such a horrible situation to be in. Ottawa has no control and pray they did not give up Hughes. And the entire reason they are in this situation is because they mis-read their team so badly. They honestly thought they were a cup favorite adding Duchene. They never even had a sniff at the playoffs.

Terrible situation indeed but to go to last in 2 1/2 years is insane . One goal away from the finals to this is nuts

Terrible situation indeed but to go to last in 2 1/2 years is insane . One goal away from the finals to this is nuts
Honestly, I think they were one goal away from the Cup.

I said it at the time, and I still believe it---if they'd gotten past the Penguins, I'm pretty confident Karlsson would have led them past the Johansen-less Predators in the Cup final.

So, bless Chris Kunitz for stopping that from happening.

All of us said that the night they lost game 7. They had to win. It was a complete one-off.

Aside from that, I missed seeing Bobby Orr, but Karlsson's 2017 playoff run is the best I have ever seen a DMan play. I still think he deserved the Conn Smythe. He was so dominant and unbelievable.

Chara extended. Same as last year. (2 million base, 1.75 in bonuses) And we are stuck with Marleau for 6.3 million next season.

There's this idea we can't dare try to dump Marleau, but he received so many more millions than he would have anywhere else and is getting so much undeservedplaying time right now. San Jose only offered him 2 years at less than 5 million total.

That third year is killer. They absolutely have to get the **** out of that. I wouldn't pay him more than 1.5 million at this point. Anything more is dumb for a fourth liner.

Marleau could still catch an opposing 4th line. that's where he should be.

There is a way for us to get out of most of the cap hit, doing that Orpik thing I posted a while back. Marleau won't care as long as he gets his money, and the league obviously can't do anything about it or they would have.

Kuraly out for a month after having surgery on his hand

Every little chink in the armor counts

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

It's annoying to hear Marleau was signed for off-ice reasons. This team has looked lazy and disinterested all season. Where's the the rub he's giving to the players in leadership? In a hard cap league you need to produce on the ice if your cap hit is that high.
All I hear is bitching about Nylander's cap hit. LOL

All of us said that the night they lost game 7. They had to win. It was a complete one-off.

Aside from that, I missed seeing Bobby Orr, but Karlsson's 2017 playoff run is the best I have ever seen a DMan play. I still think he deserved the Conn Smythe. He was so dominant and unbelievable.

I can't imagine a scenario where a player that doesn't make the finals wins the Conn Smythe. Plus Crosby was phenomenal that year... and won the Cup.

I can't imagine a scenario where a player that doesn't make the finals wins the Conn Smythe. Plus Crosby was phenomenal that year... and won the Cup.

I agree. But interestingly enough, he still got 1 vote. I can't recall that before. He was that damn good.

I think the Tkachuk pick was a no brainer.

Ottawa has always needed a guy like that. Now they have one. 19 goals and counting as a rookie on a dumpster fire team is pretty good.

He’s only going to get stronger and better.

Picking Tkachuk was the right move all the way.

Call me after the draft lottery and let's see if you feel the same. Tkachuk is a nice player, probably going to be a good 1st line player. Colorado stands a pretty good chance at getting a franchise player with your pick this summer though.

What’s your number?

I don’t know. Seems like the choice between taking Tkachuk and an 18.5% chance at Jack Hughes, IF you finish dead last, is a pretty simple one.

Hughes could bust. Everyone wanted to “fail for Nail” not so long ago.

The team desperately needed a change of identity / culture, they had to take Tkachuk.

You can play “what if” with any team.

I think you’d be hard pressed to find a Sens fan that doesn’t love Tkachuk.

The pick is gone. The Duchene trade was a flop. Everyone knows it. Dorion did a pretty good job getting value back for him. Plus there is talk that he’ll sign in Ottawa as a UFA. Who knows?

What’s your number?

I don’t know. Seems like the choice between taking Tkachuk and an 18.5% chance at Jack Hughes, IF you finish dead last, is a pretty simple one.

Hughes could bust. Everyone wanted to “fail for Nail” not so long ago.

The team desperately needed a change of identity / culture, they had to take Tkachuk.

You can play “what if” with any team.

I think you’d be hard pressed to find a Sens fan that doesn’t love Tkachuk.

The pick is gone. The Duchene trade was a flop. Everyone knows it. Dorion did a pretty good job getting value back for him. Plus there is talk that he’ll sign in Ottawa as a UFA. Who knows?

Is this JH?

Back