• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Ex-Canes Thread?

Is it wishful thinking to start talking about Victor Rask here? The Canes should be able to get some more Pu for him. I am pretty sure ending up in this thread is the best way to boost a player back to relevance as I am amazed at what last years Canes are doing this year.... especially Skinner and Lindholm.

Sadly Victor isn't playing like an Ex-Cane. He's playing like an ex-human. A ghost. I'm calling Victor a ghost.

Eddie Lack had right hip surgery and is out for the rest of the season. Binghamton is down to one goalie. I know where they can find another.

They're on a skid lately. No reason to think the answer is an injection of PDG "energy"

I mentioned in the Miscellaneous Canes thread that Kyle Turris is out with injury and the Preds picked up PDG for an NHL ready body. I suspect he won’t be with them for long once their full roster is back.

Zykov must have one heck of an itch as he sure is being scratched a lot. Vegas scratched him again last night.

As I stated prior, there really is no spot in the Vegas lineup for Zykov unless someone gets hurt. Pacioretty returned to the lineup last night and they sent Brandon Pirri (6 goals 3 assists in 7 games) back down to the AHL. Zykov may end up not playing at all for Vegas before being placed back on waivers.

The all star coaches for the West: Paul Maurice and Bill Peters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least there is one guy that left and isn't lighting it up elsewhere. Cam Ward has already let in 2 goals in the first 5 minutes on the NBC game tonight.

Filip Forsberg's return pushed PDG out of the Preds lineup last night after 2 games. They held on to PDG by putting Miikka Salomaki on IR. So now PDG is in the press box with Zac Rinaldo, who he had replaced in the lineup. As soon as either Salomaki or Kyle Turris come off of IR the Preds are going to need to decide if they put PDG back on waivers or do something else. Turris wasn't expected to be out very long so PDG might be back on waivers any day.

On the Zykov front, yesterday Vegas recalled Brandon Pirri from the AHL and put William Carrier on IR. That is not exactly an indication that Zykov is going to be in the Vegas lineup any time soon (ever?) Zykov will get the watch Vegas roll on at home tonight against the Rangers. Hopefully he is at least having a little bit of fun out there while not playing games.

Oh, and Elias Lindholm cracked 50 points (20 goals 30 assists +27) last night. His current pace would have him at 37 Goals 56 Assists (96 Points). Obviously he is a perfect fit for the Gaudreau/Monahan machine. That is the best line in the NHL.

Last edited:
Back