• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

**William Nylander signs for 6 years, per Dreger**

The media is all over Dubas for making a promise to Willy about not dealing him calling it a rookie mistake and no way they can do it blah blah blah

That’s why you are a reporter and he is a GM of the Leafs at 32

The media is all over Dubas for making a promise to Willy about not dealing him calling it a rookie mistake and no way they can do it blah blah blah

James Mirtle

@mirtle
Dubas on not wanting to trade Nylander: "I don't think we want to get in the business of not having excellent young players."

The Dube >>>

That same media that claimed they should trade him for guys like Montour or Sanheim?

"Nylander on what the turning point was: “I don’t know, getting into the last 40 minutes before the deadline, I talked to my agent and said ‘let’s just call them.’ [The contract] was a big part of my future, and I wanted to be here.”

as if a promise actually means something

"Nylander on what the turning point was: “I don’t know, getting into the last 40 minutes before the deadline, I talked to my agent and said ‘let’s just call them.’ [The contract] was a big part of my future, and I wanted to be here.”

Dubas was interviewed a few minutes ago. said if Willy wanted to take 6.9 this past summer, he would have gladly given that to him.

so unless he is lying, there is no cave by the Leafs here.

Dubas was interviewed a few minutes ago. said if Willy wanted to take 6.9 this past summer, he would have gladly given that to him.

so unless he is lying, there is no cave by the Leafs here.

It's kinda easy to say that (to back up the deal you just signed, not to mention how dumb it would sound if you said no to that question)...but it's a lot different to say you would have & actually offering them that deal in the summer.

Nylander apparently gave an interview with a Swedish newspaper after the deal was signed, and said the Leafs increased the final offer they had already made on the last day....by an extra $120k per, in the final hour. That's when Nylander called with his agent not long after to ask if they wanted to make a deal. (NHLPA also informed Wily he should aim to have something signed by 4:30, which is when he called)

It's kinda easy to say that (to back up the deal you just signed, not to mention how dumb it would sound if you said no to that question)...but it's a lot different to say you would have & actually offering them that deal in the summer.

Nylander apparently gave an interview with a Swedish newspaper after the deal was signed, and said the Leafs increased the final offer they had already made on the last day....by an extra $120k per, in the final hour. That's when Nylander called with his agent not long after to ask if they wanted to make a deal. (NHLPA also informed Wily he should aim to have something signed by 4:30, which is when he called)

okay, so you think he's lying.

fair enough.

They won't be reporters for long if they don't spin narratives. I don't fault Dubas but predicting that he will never trade Willy is just a story he's spinning out of current convenience.

I always knew adding Nylander and trading Leivo was the beginning of the end. No playoffs for you!
Habs are in better shape.

we've entered the Penultimate Teeds Phase, also known as The Irrational Meltdown Phase

The final phase is the ban, after which we repeat the cycle beginning with New Account Registration Phase

So we got Willy signed eh. Was having some doubts towards the end. Really happy it got done.

Let’s roll!

Last edited:
Back