• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019 Carolina Hurricanes Off Season Thread

So this talk of Faulk wanting an extension in place before agreeing to any trade... is that an extension procured by us or a guarantee from the Ducks on an extension if he agrees to a trade? Ok, looks dead now but still. That Kase guy got me all enticed. Reading good stuff about him.
Ducks deal is dead, according to media in Cali.

He was looking for an extension with the Ducks, but was never sold on the move in the first place. I don't think Carolina is going to get in the sign and trade business.

Curious as to which teams he is ok to be traded to. I wonder if any of them have cap space. Well we'd probably know that by know. Besides, a few things do have to line up for this to work. Or else we get you know what in return. Faulk has to be ok with it. They have to be able to fit him in, extend him and give us something of value in return. I think that's the hardest part here because I suspect the Canes want a prospect back preferably (to restock Charlotte) and not just anyone. Whereas the team acquiring him would have to extend him and might need to make moves to fit that in. That might not work for us, taking back salary. idk. Glad they pay other people to figure this stuff out =D

He might end up being a deadline deal, or if things are going well for the Canes they might just let him play out the string here and then part ways after the season. Faulk's unlikely to cause problems here ... it a matter of fit and value.

It could go either way, but would seem his best chance at a big contract might be in a trade now versus July 1 UFA time when he might not be the best on the market, as he is now.

From the Canes standpoint, unless the return is really Eric Tulsky interesting, considering only receiving futures for him and then spending futures for a playoff rental might lead to why not keep him here as ultra-injury insurance during the entire season.

Top 4 goes down, no problem. We backfill from Charlotte to the bottom pairing and keep on rolling.

I'm pretty sure when you grant permission for a player to talk contract with another team, its exactly that. The agent and acquiring team work out the terms of an extension that will signed immediately after the player is officially traded and the trade logged with the NHL. Other than the contract length, there is no advantage here to having the Canes do that contract and then trade Faulkl.

Teams are not going to screw over a player by talking contract, making an agreement with the agent on a deal, and then not signing that deal exactly as it was laid out. I'm sure they have the standard player contract ready to sign once the trade is done.

Its might be beneficial to the Canes that the Anaheim deal didn't get completed that quickly. As long as Faulk doesn't get hurt (the risk), the longer training camp goes on the more desperate some teams might get and more willing they will be to make a better deal. It also gives us a chance to evaluate our situation a bit more. We might realize that we don't like the prospect of no Faulk on the roster.

Have not seen this anywhere on this board, but sorry if this is old news. This appears on the NHL Stadium Series wikipedia page:

There's no source information for it and I could not determine who made the edit.

Waddell talked about it on Sunday. The league will announce the 2020-21 outdoor games in December but he said the game at Carter Finley was coming “sooner rather than later”.

My understanding is that the league is sitting on approval for an outdoor game for Raleigh pending another site visit this winter. NC State has approved it in concept, and I've been told they expect the Caps to be the opponent ... to add visiting Caps fans to the larger ticket market. The league has to give official approval to all of that, of course. And it would be one of those random Stadium series things, NOT the big deal, prime time Holiday events.

Back