• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2025-26 NHL Miscellaneous Thread

If that’s what I think it is, then this link might work for those who have left Facebook

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZONNAeK4AI

Yes. Thanks. I’ve pretty much left but I have family that like to look at my photos and even though there’s a million ways I can get them to them digitally, they still want them on Facebook. I literally just pop on to post my photos and I occasionally come across stuff like this because I follow all things hockey
 
As long as the league keeps refusing to police dirty hits out of the game you can expect players to get frustrated and do it themselves. Marchment attempted a high speed slewfoot. Probably worthy of 5 games. He deserved the chop.
 
Yes. Thanks. I’ve pretty much left but I have family that like to look at my photos and even though there’s a million ways I can get them to them digitally, they still want them on Facebook. I literally just pop on to post my photos and I occasionally come across stuff like this because I follow all things hockey
Yeah, I’m working on a computer that I’ve never accessed FB on, so it asked me to create an account. But it left the shadow of the story you were reposting in the background and I knew I had seen it on YouTube or somewhere.

I’m done with FB other than a couple of groups and the messenger app. Freaking cesspool
 
As long as the league keeps refusing to police dirty hits out of the game you can expect players to get frustrated and do it themselves. Marchment attempted a high speed slewfoot. Probably worthy of 5 games. He deserved the chop.
Oh, at this point I think what Barzal did was 100% the right thing to do. Even if he gets suspended. If the refs are gonna chicken out every time there’s an obvious attempt at injuring a player (and I have no idea what else to call that nonsense from Marchment), then I think the only way for the players to force the league’s hand is to go lumberjack on the perpetrators … immediately. Not to the head or joints, obviously, but a two hander to the legs is absolutely fine with me. Give DPS about 10 of those a week if you have to. Sooner or later they might actually do their jobs.
 
Jackets traded forward Yegor Chinakhov to the Pens for a 2026 2nd, 2027 3rd and Danton Heinen. Chinakhov has 3 goals, 3 assists in 29 games this season and 37 goals, 40 assists in a 204 game NHL career that started in the 2021-22 season.
 
That seems like a lot for Chinakov. I know he’s fallen down a hole the last two seasons, but you’d have to think he’s still got upside to at least get back to the half point per game guy he was a couple of years ago. Still, a 2nd, a 3rd and a grunt is steep for that.
 
The Canadian Olympic roster is out…Jarvis did not make it.

View attachment 31495
I’m 100% fine with that … noting that this is the Olympics, not the NHL’s stuff. So there’s pretty free range on injury replacements.

If I’m a Canadian fan, I’m asking questions though. Doughty? Seriously? And it’s not like he’s playing particularly well, either. Chychrun is right there with the same kind of game at a higher level and ten years younger. Forget Bouchard (too erratic) and Schaefer (literal child), even though those are the two the press will be all over. I’d also question what the heck Schifele did to get left off a team that took two middling centers as their extra forwards. Take one of those and a winger who can actually score for when Stone inevitably gets hurt. Also, if those idiots actually play Binnington in the form he’s in, then they deserve what they get.
 
No Jason Robertson had been hinted for a while but it’s still a shock to see it. He’s tied for 4th with 24 goals. Keller and Thompson parlayed great performances in the World Championships into spots on the team.

And no Adam Fox. The Rangers fans have been calling for Sullivan’s and Drury’s heads for days when that leaked out.
 
Thompson was a no brainer, although I’m sure they galaxy-brained it into a long conversation. Robertson? Sure. Why would a team that struggles to score internationally take a natural goal scoring winger with size and speed. That would be stupid. Obviously you take Brock Nelson over that guy.
 
What in the world is with the Panther’s uniforms in the Winter Classic game against the Rangers tonight? It might be the ugliest ever seen in any professional sport.
 
Back
Top