LJG
Well-known member
Fucking right, boys!"Cursing has not place in the game of hockey. "
We all know what Paul Maurice would have to say about that statement.![]()
Fucking right, boys!"Cursing has not place in the game of hockey. "
We all know what Paul Maurice would have to say about that statement.![]()
Yeah, my only issue with this framing is the statement that Nikishin has no leverage. In fact, he has already applied plenty of leverage by refusing to be willing to sign a contract to play in several markets. That's the only leverage he's got and while not playing at age 24 is hardly how you'd go about building a career in the NHL ... he's 100% got leverage.Number 9 on Friedmann’s 32 thoughts today.
![]()
32 Thoughts: Dawn rises on a new NHL after summer of change
www.sportsnet.ca
Latest Nikishin rumor involves Bruins and Pavel Zacha. I put zero faith in the rumor because they said Taylor Hall was involved. That'll never happen.
He doesn't HAVE to sign anything with anybody so long as he's willing to sit around doing nothing. I think the fear of Carolina dumping him on a rebuilding team in the hinterlands is what drove Nikishin to refuse to sign or even talk about a bridge deal here in the first place. Again, withholding his signature is basically all the leverage he has.Couldn't the Canes agree to terms, that someone else is willing to pay him, then trade him against his will? Screw him, if he's really this ignorant.
Well. when you are a rookie that really hasn't proven jack shit AND you have zero leverage........you don't get to DEMAND what type of team you go to. Either sign and play here or wherever the fuck they send you. Or sit in Siberia hunting bears or some shit for nothing.He doesn't HAVE to sign anything with anybody so long as he's willing to sit around doing nothing. I think the fear of Carolina dumping him on a rebuilding team in the hinterlands is what drove Nikishin to refuse to sign or even talk about a bridge deal here in the first place. Again, withholding his signature is basically all the leverage he has.
Meanwhile a Blues “insider” says a deal is imminent. Emily Kaplan didn’t mention the Blues but supposedly they’ve been circling.
View: https://x.com/bluesreactor/status/2105042304947872241?s=61n
I mean, that's exactly the case. Please don't confuse the fact that I'm pointing out that he's pulling the only lever he's got with a defense of Nikishin. I think he's being an ungrateful, selfish prick.Well. when you are a rookie that really hasn't proven jack shit you AND you have zero leverage........you don't get to DEMAND what type of team you go to. Either sign and play here or wherever the fuck they send you. Or sit in Siberia hunting bears or some shit for nothing.
There are plenty of "Canes Insiders" on the internet who are just using AI to spin weird narratives out of whole cloth. So, yeah. Consider this an insider space, I guess.I think any of us could become a "Canes Insider" if we were motivated enough to open an extra Twitter account on X or Blue Sky...
My sources say....![]()
Well. I have a blue check so I’m definitely an insider. What do you want to knowI think any of us could become a "Canes Insider" if we were motivated enough to open an extra Twitter account on X or Blue Sky...
My sources say....![]()
I mean, you know the sports stuff pretty well. I'd expect you to be able to know who's real and who's not. I don't have context for the rest, but I'd expect good things from you on those fronts as well :0)It’s a problem in general. Too many content providers. No way to know if it’s legit or not.
Sports
News
Fitness
Nutrition
Etc.
Lots of information.
This scares the crap out of me.Primeau on waivers for reassignment
Well… thanks!I mean, you know the sports stuff pretty well. I'd expect you to be able to know who's real and who's not. I don't have context for the rest, but I'd expect good things from you on those fronts as well :0)
Bottom line. Smart people should be able to figure this crap out better than current results indicate. As for the rest, well ... snake oil and patent medicine DID get a lot of people rich back in the day, so ...
It’s so ridiculous. We probably should give them bad reviews. I’m sick of the clueless spouting information like it’s some well informed expert take.There's several new "content creators" making daily Canes updates, rumors, news posts. None of it is relevant or news. They're literally just reading headlines from other sources. 80% of their facts are made up. (Lol)