• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2026-27 Canes Miscellaneous Thread

Latest Nikishin rumor involves Bruins and Pavel Zacha. I put zero faith in the rumor because they said Taylor Hall was involved. That'll never happen.
 
Number 9 on Friedmann’s 32 thoughts today.



Yeah, my only issue with this framing is the statement that Nikishin has no leverage. In fact, he has already applied plenty of leverage by refusing to be willing to sign a contract to play in several markets. That's the only leverage he's got and while not playing at age 24 is hardly how you'd go about building a career in the NHL ... he's 100% got leverage.

Latest Nikishin rumor involves Bruins and Pavel Zacha. I put zero faith in the rumor because they said Taylor Hall was involved. That'll never happen.

Yeah, the rumor industrial complex is kicking in now that Nikishin's agent change kind of churned him back to front of the internet's mind. Most teams have a guy they'd like to move and a need on defense, and there's a lot of people trying to connect those dots.
 
Couldn't the Canes agree to terms, that someone else is willing to pay him, then trade him against his will? Screw him, if he's really this ignorant.
 
Zacha doesn't NOT make sense if we are thinking we need to be better at the dot on that 2nd line. Zacha has been a reliable + faceoff guy for the last 3 seasons.

However, last year's Pavel Zacha experience was driven by a very anomalous shooting percentage of 22.9%. He's a 15-20 goal 30 assist guy. Left handed shot.

Zacha is not the type of return you get back for someone like Nikishin unless you are desperate for a 2nd line center. And you definitely don't need to trade Nikishin + Hall for Zacha.

So yeah, someone made that one up without a lot of thought.
 
Couldn't the Canes agree to terms, that someone else is willing to pay him, then trade him against his will? Screw him, if he's really this ignorant.
He doesn't HAVE to sign anything with anybody so long as he's willing to sit around doing nothing. I think the fear of Carolina dumping him on a rebuilding team in the hinterlands is what drove Nikishin to refuse to sign or even talk about a bridge deal here in the first place. Again, withholding his signature is basically all the leverage he has.
 
He doesn't HAVE to sign anything with anybody so long as he's willing to sit around doing nothing. I think the fear of Carolina dumping him on a rebuilding team in the hinterlands is what drove Nikishin to refuse to sign or even talk about a bridge deal here in the first place. Again, withholding his signature is basically all the leverage he has.
Well. when you are a rookie that really hasn't proven jack shit AND you have zero leverage........you don't get to DEMAND what type of team you go to. Either sign and play here or wherever the fuck they send you. Or sit in Siberia hunting bears or some shit for nothing.
 
Last edited:
Well. when you are a rookie that really hasn't proven jack shit you AND you have zero leverage........you don't get to DEMAND what type of team you go to. Either sign and play here or wherever the fuck they send you. Or sit in Siberia hunting bears or some shit for nothing.
I mean, that's exactly the case. Please don't confuse the fact that I'm pointing out that he's pulling the only lever he's got with a defense of Nikishin. I think he's being an ungrateful, selfish prick.
 
I think any of us could become a "Canes Insider" if we were motivated enough to open an extra Twitter account on X or Blue Sky...

My sources say.... :)
There are plenty of "Canes Insiders" on the internet who are just using AI to spin weird narratives out of whole cloth. So, yeah. Consider this an insider space, I guess.

Also, I'm seeing a growing resistance to that word that I'm not sure I like. There are legitimate professional reporters who are framed as "insiders" by various networks and outlets who are increasingly getting lumped in with these phony clowns with a YouTube channel or an IG account or whatever. Somebody may not like what Elliott Friedmann (or Lebrun or whoever) has to say on something, but they're professionals with legit sources. Bob's Canes Country Reactions* not so much. It's increasingly important to be able to discern the difference. We've always had the rumors sites, but I feel like the days when everybody knew that stuff was made up are kind of slipping.

*not real ... imagined for illustration and so as not to offend anyone who's a fan of some guy's amateur YouTube channel
 
It’s a problem in general. Too many content providers. No way to know if it’s legit or not.

Sports
News
Fitness
Nutrition
Etc.

Lots of information.
 
It’s a problem in general. Too many content providers. No way to know if it’s legit or not.

Sports
News
Fitness
Nutrition
Etc.

Lots of information.
I mean, you know the sports stuff pretty well. I'd expect you to be able to know who's real and who's not. I don't have context for the rest, but I'd expect good things from you on those fronts as well :0)

Bottom line. Smart people should be able to figure this crap out better than current results indicate. As for the rest, well ... snake oil and patent medicine DID get a lot of people rich back in the day, so ...
 
There's several new "content creators" making daily Canes updates, rumors, news posts. None of it is relevant or news. They're literally just reading headlines from other sources. 80% of their facts are made up. (Lol)
 
I mean, you know the sports stuff pretty well. I'd expect you to be able to know who's real and who's not. I don't have context for the rest, but I'd expect good things from you on those fronts as well :0)

Bottom line. Smart people should be able to figure this crap out better than current results indicate. As for the rest, well ... snake oil and patent medicine DID get a lot of people rich back in the day, so ...
Well… thanks!

I think it’s hard to know. Especially if you don’t already know who tends to have the legit info and who always has a take that turns out to be miss or hit. Once you know that if it’s real then source x would have said something you can start to weed out bogus info.
 
There's several new "content creators" making daily Canes updates, rumors, news posts. None of it is relevant or news. They're literally just reading headlines from other sources. 80% of their facts are made up. (Lol)
It’s so ridiculous. We probably should give them bad reviews. I’m sick of the clueless spouting information like it’s some well informed expert take.
 
Back
Top