• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

Oilers had discussion with Markus Lehto, agent for Jesse Puljujarvi today. Team is open to trading him if a proper return can be found, and in the meantime an AHL stint to help boost offence and confidence is being considered. No decisions yet.

What a clown show

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Oilers had discussion with Markus Lehto, agent for Jesse Puljujarvi today. Team is open to trading him if a proper return can be found, and in the meantime an AHL stint to help boost offence and confidence is being considered. No decisions yet.

What a clown show

Stan, get in there Stan.

Also, Talbot to Philly in a deal for Stolarz is out there.

Too bad he's a right winger instead of a lefty.

Still, Dubas should definitely see if he can be had on the cheap. Seems like the classic "buy low" opportunity. Not only have the Oilers completely ****ed around with his development, but he's also been chained to Milan Lucic for a good deal of his even-strength ice-time over the past couple of years.

Build him back up with the development staff on the Marlies for as long as you need, then drop him besides Matthews, Tavares or Kadri and see how he does.

Perhaps Oil Change would be interested in Connor McDavid's former OHL linemate, and former 20-goal man Connor Brown?

once upon a time not too long ago this suggestion would have been laughable, but with our development system now I'd take a chance on Poolparty for the right price.

What a clown show

Amazing that they just didn't leave him in Finland for a year or two, put him in the AHL until he was dominant and then call him up.

No patience and they're paying for it now. A properly developed pool party is probably an impact body for them right now.

Screams of the Brett Connolly trade that the Bruins made a couple years ago for two 2nds. It's a pretty broken player that may never be salvaged. Part of that is on development, and part of that is on pulled pork simply not being that good.

He's worth a look but it's not exactly a lock to turn into anything.

or maybe a blake wheeler?

i dunno. i've literally never seen pulju do anything interesting after the wjc.

I try to avoid watching the Oilers at all costs, so I haven't seen much of him. But I seem to remember him being a great skater and willing to use his 6'4 frame. Even if his hands are just plus, I would bet on Keefe turning a guy like that into a good player for us.

I try to avoid watching the Oilers at all costs, so I haven't seen much of him. But I seem to remember him being a great skater and willing to use his 6'4 frame. Even if his hands are just plus, I would bet on Keefe turning a guy like that into a good player for us.

Yep, get him, give him to Keefe and the Marlies to bring him around. Very confident this would turn him into a very good NHLer. Of course, need to get him on the cheap. I'm of the mind that we need to continue working on the pipeline and not just gut it for a push.

how much longer would he be waiver exempt though? I'd only want to acquire him if we can stash him on the Marlies for a year or two to undo all the Edmontoning.

Acutally, the Oilers may have ****ed this up too, as he'll have to clear in the fall if ineligible and gets sent to the Marlies.

It's 5 years or 160 games for an 18 or 19 year old signed to an NHL deal. JP signed at 18. There's a further issue, if they play 11 games in their first year, the year exemption gets reduced to 3 but still 160 games. The Oilers, in their brilliance, played him 28 games in his first year.

He's currently exempt but needs just 22 NHL games to become eligible. So, he could be obtained an put on the Marlies but the 3 year rule makes him eligible starting next season, I think. Not a great situation to develop him.

https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-calculator/jesse-puljujarvi#results

Honestly, I'm surprised that prospects aren't refusing to sign in Edmonton. If I was an agent, or the father of a prospect, I would be doing everything I could to dissuade edmonton from drafting my kid. They ruin everything they touch.

Back