• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League: 2019-2020 Regular Season

That's a lot of coin for a defenseman that I think is overrated by many.

I agree he's overrrated but I still prefer handing out those type of contracts to 25 years old puck moving defensemen compared to aging veterans on the downside of their career.

That's a lot of coin for a defenseman that I think is overrated by many.

It's actually a very solid deal. 8m for a 50pt dman who is pretty solid in both ends. I would say open market and in Montreal he needs to get 9-9.5m/aav. Very nice deal for the Rangers. It's not like he'll be late 30s when this is over, he'll be early 30s so they get him in his peak years.

I agree he's overrrated but I still prefer handing out those type of contracts to 25 years old puck moving defensemen compared to aging veterans on the downside of their career.

I can agree with that. I just don't think you'll see the same production on the Rangers. Even with Breadman there.

He is a top pair D , his contract is fine at 25

Myers got 6 mil at 29 , no contest who I take

Its those ok to meh 4-6 mil players that kill your cap not Trouba types

If they think Lucic is the missing piece for a deep cup run they need to be lobotomized... or already were.

Neal didnt even try last year, the Flames needed to get rid of him. Oilers retain some of Lucic's salary so it makes it a bit closer to a wash between the two contracts. Flames also got a 3rd round pick.

Neal didnt even try last year, the Flames needed to get rid of him. Oilers retain some of Lucic's salary so it makes it a bit closer to a wash between the two contracts. Flames also got a 3rd round pick.
The 3rd rounder won’t materialize due to the conditions - no way Neal scores 10-more than Lucic AND at least 21. As much as Lucic can’t keep up with pace neither can Neal.

I fully expect a fallout from the deal from a Flames perspective, Sam Bennett will likely be dealt for cap reasons, and MB has been rumored in on him for years now. Bennett fits the MB MO of buy low asset.

Where there’s smoke...

Last edited:

If it was only the salaries, it wouldn't be too bad, but Lucic has a full NMC and a bonus structure that makes it buyout proof. Lucic will need to be protected for the expansion draft, unlike Neal.

Otherwise, from a hockey point of view, I do expect each player to be slightly more useful to their new teams, which is what the teams are banking on.

Leafs acquire Clarkson + 4th rounder from VGK for Sparks

Creating over $10.5M LTIR space in case Marner holdout lasts into season.

If it was only the salaries, it wouldn't be too bad, but Lucic has a full NMC and a bonus structure that makes it buyout proof. Lucic will need to be protected for the expansion draft, unlike Neal.

Otherwise, from a hockey point of view, I do expect each player to be slightly more useful to their new teams, which is what the teams are banking on.

Neal at least has a chance to regain some of his previous game playing on the top 6. Maybe down the road he can phase into a serviceable Maroon type before you think of buying him out in the final years

Lucic is done

Dan Milstein-Hockey
[emoji818]
@HockeyAgent1
Gold Star Hockey client Andrei Vasilevskiy has signed an 8-year extension with the Tampa Bay Lightning. He would like to thank great fans, ownership and management for making Tampa such a great place play and live for him and his family. #WeAreGoldStar!

Back