• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Gdt|back home for gm 3&all the good stuff that comes with that like line mat…oshit queef is our coach and we gonna c 18 mins of kampf fuuuuuucccckkkkk

Marchand with 6 fucking points in 3 games, more than the combined total from Matty with 3, Tavares with 1, Marner with 1, and Willy a non-entity.

Every fucking year.

They better step up now. There is no way this team should beat us, and if they do, there's no argument anymore for keeping this core together.

And heaven fucking help us if Pizza Shoes is going to be the one trading off elite players.
There we go agreeing again.
😁

Hey Joe, how many years are the fans supposed to blindly cheer for this team, like doting parents applauding when their toddler takes a dump? When do they have your permission to start demanding things instead of being happy with whatever garbage the front office deigns to give them?

Perhaps of this fanbase was a little more demanding, a little less easily satisfied, and started treating their relationship with the team as transactional instead of unconditional love, the team would put out a better effort in games that matter.

I know you're retiring and your chances to love long enough to see another Cup parade are diminishing, but don't blame the fans. At least you're old enough to remember what it was like to be a winner.

I see we are now in the "it's the fans' fault" phase instead of "after the core showed their true colours losing to the Habs we didn't have the guts to make changes".
So, so true. Although I still say that our D is our greatest liability (by far). There is zero play control by our D in our end. Even when we have the puck with little pressure...how many times must I endure watching McCabe throw the puck up the boards directly at a Bruin? Learn something for Pete's sake.

And lets not forget Mr Goal Post man
Are you actually trying to say that Matthews is part of the problem? Did you not watch him out the entire team on his back in game 2 and will them to win? Dude was a beast. Keefe keeps trotting out the Benny hill brigade in prime situations yet mattys problem. Got it.

We won't. I want to forget this game ever happened when I wake up. Fucking nightmare.

Woll sitting on the bench while Sammy looks like he will let in any decent shot.

Jarn being used like he's Nylander just because he's Swedish.

Brodie sitting for the Baboon to flail around and pretend like he's Paul Coffey.

Nonstop 4th line hijinx.

Special teams being manhandled by a team that doesn't have more than two skaters who anyone has ever heard of.

And all of this comes back to our imbecile thunderthighs motherfucker staring up in the sky behind the bench.
Good summary

Are you actually trying to say that Matthews is part of the problem? Did you not watch him out the entire team on his back in game 2 and will them to win? Dude was a beast. Keefe keeps trotting out the Benny hill brigade in prime situations yet mattys problem. Got it.
You're talking about game 2. Last night they played game 3 and 34 put up a goose egg. He's not paid $11 million to only lead in even numbered games in the series and he isn't being paid just to try to do things. He's being paid to actually do the things, night in, night out. And if you think that's an unrealistic or unreasonable demand, I would simply argue that it wasn't unrealistic or unreasonable when his agent demanded that his client get paid all that sweet, sweet money the last time his contract was negotiated. Excuses are a luxury he is no longer able to afford.

Marchand, a player with modest size and skill, is outscoring Matthews (and Marner) and is fitting your entire roster for clown suits as I type. That's on Matthews to fix. Not because it's "fair", but because that's the level of personal responsibility that comes with all that money.

This team is obviously flawed. But every team is.

They can’t score in the playoffs for two reasons. First the PP falls apart every year, which has to fall on the coach. Second their D can’t move the puck, don’t jump into the rush and can’t create offense.

It’s a big problem when you have guys like Campbell and Sammy going head to head agains Vasilevskiey, Bobrovsky and Swayman. They will always be in tough until they get a real goalie.

But Keefe is the one of the biggest problem. He got his idea matchups last night and totally fucked the effectiveness of the lineup, except for getting Tavares more favourable matchups. He always overdoes it, and their home vs road record speaks for itself. He is one of the worst tactical coaches we’ve seen here.

The other biggest problem is Tre, who basically gave up on this season for day 1. At no point this season did they look like contenders and he didn’t do a fucking thing about it. He decided to piss maybe Matthews and Nylanders best years down the toilet for no reason that makes sense. Any halfway decent GM would have fired Keefe in November/December and added one of the handful of top 4 dmen that moved during the season. And frankly, this fall on Shanny for picking the guy and letting it happen.

All that said, Boston is super flawed too and we can easily beat them. They haven’t been impressive at all outside of their 5 elite players, who have been outplaying all of ours.

You're talking about game 2. Last night they played game 3 and 34 put up a goose egg. He's not paid $11 million to only lead in even numbered games in the series and he isn't being paid just to try to do things. He's being paid to actually do the things, night in, night out. And if you think that's an unrealistic or unreasonable demand, I would simply argue that it wasn't unrealistic or unreasonable when his agent demanded that his client get paid all that sweet, sweet money the last time his contract was negotiated. Excuses are a luxury he is no longer able to afford.

Marchand, a player with modest size and skill, is outscoring Matthews (and Marner) and is fitting your entire roster for clown suits as I type. That's on Matthews to fix. Not because it's "fair", but because that's the level of personal responsibility that comes with all that money.
So watching Matthews game last night, aside from what the score sheet said, you came away with him not being good enough? He threw hits, he worked the puck. He played with heart. Marner? He’s been trash since he was off with injury. Out of all of the shit wrong with our team, Auston is not one of our deficits.

This team is obviously flawed. But every team is.

They can’t score in the playoffs for two reasons. First the PP falls apart every year, which has to fall on the coach. Second their D can’t move the puck, don’t jump into the rush and can’t create offense.

It’s a big problem when you have guys like Campbell and Sammy going head to head agains Vasilevskiey, Bobrovsky and Swayman. They will always be in tough until they get a real goalie.

But Keefe is the one of the biggest problem. He got his idea matchups last night and totally fucked the effectiveness of the lineup, except for getting Tavares more favourable matchups. He always overdoes it, and their home vs road record speaks for itself. He is one of the worst tactical coaches we’ve seen here.

The other biggest problem is Tre, who basically gave up on this season for day 1. At no point this season did they look like contenders and he didn’t do a fucking thing about it. He decided to piss maybe Matthews and Nylanders best years down the toilet for no reason that makes sense. Any halfway decent GM would have fired Keefe in November/December and added one of the handful of top 4 dmen that moved during the season. And frankly, this fall on Shanny for picking the guy and letting it happen.

All that said, Boston is super flawed too and we can easily beat them. They haven’t been impressive at all outside of their 5 elite players, who have been outplaying all of ours.
Really great summary, my thoughts exactly.

Willy, Brodie and Gio/Timmins in, Timmy, Eddy and ?? out

Boosh/Eddy on the ice with Matthews in the final 2 mins down a goal just cant happen . You cant put yourself in that situation and be forced to play these guys

I can’t believe Lindholm was available and Dubas went for Gio. Same as McCabe over Ekholm.

Lindholm is awesome. Reminds me of Kenny Jonsson. Plays an understated game, but is a monster that is so tough to beat one on one physically and he has enough skating and puck skills to make plays under pressure.

That’s one thing you notice about the Leafs D, they only have one guy that can make a play under pressure. And that may be the most important quality that all good dmen have.

Back