• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Bruins 12/3 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
A quick 1 day trip to The Hub.

Martin Necas didn’t make the trip so it’s another night of 11F/7D. Expect Mrazek in goal.

The Bruins come in with the best record in the league, with 43 points in 27 games. They have a 12 point lead over Florida in the Atlantic, have a 7 game winning streak and are 8-0-2 in their last 10. Their last regulation loss was on October 8, in Detroit of all places. They haven’t lost in regulation at home, compiling a 11-0-4 record. They’ve scored the 2nd most goals in the league and given up the 2nd fewest. Marchand is in the top 5 in goals, assists and points and leads the league at +19, David Pastrnak leads the league with 25 goals. David Krejci is 3rd in plus/minus at +17, Chara is right behind him at +16. Rask is 2nd in GAA at 2.04 and tied for 2nd at save % at .933. Their PP is 2nd at 31.6%, the PK is 7th at 84.5%, 1 spot ahead of the Canes. They do have an Achilles heel; they’re 0-4 in the shootout.

This one has the potential to get ugly fast... Just win canes... but I don't like 11/7 so we'll call it 7/11 instead :p And remember I want a Super Big Gulp

If the Canes play soft like they did against Nashville, they will get run off the rink.

OK ... two keys here, and they're linked. Stay out of the freaking penalty box as much as possible and get 'em killed when you mess up and land in the box. Do that and the Canes have a chance to hold their own. Do it not, and we're looking at the same nonsense we saw in the Spring. Guaranteed.

No Bergeron at the Bruins skate, it looks like he’ll miss his 5th straight game with a lower body injury. Krejci was in his spot at 1C.

Tonight’s officials:

Referees:
Trevor Hansen #14, Pierre Lambert #37

Linesmen:
Ryan Galloway #82, Darren Gibbs #66

Canes are 0-1 with Hansen and 1-0 with Lambert this year, after a combined 6-3 last year. Both of them call fewer penalties on the home team, 48% and 46%, respectively. Not good when you’re facing a team as good on the PP as the Bruins.

Halak too.

One good thing about NESN... I actually get to watch tonight instead of taking CyberTripp's word for it. They don't look bad so far.

Although Gardiner just gave me a facepalm moment...

Martinook for holding.

DeBrusk trips Edmundson, power play time.... and ugh. So far, so ugly. Can't get anything going.

Pasta to the box. Power play still awful. End of the first, 0-0.

Last edited:
Slavin! Halak arguing...

(Polar's Word) It did NOT just go through the net... Goal disallowed.

Scoreless after two. Back to snowblowing during the intermission.

Last edited:
One good thing about NESN... I actually get to watch tonight instead of taking CyberTripp's word for it.

...... and one Very Bad:

200px-Jack_Edwards_%28sportscaster%29.jpg

Back