• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Offer Sheet for Aho

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
I am relocated Aho Offer Sheet posts from other threads ... patience please while I clean this up

The issue is the offer may be front heavy with signing bonuses to the tune of $50M. Your ownership might not want to match.

The new rumor is they are talking trade.

Our owner is made of cash, so that's not the issue. If he wants to match, he'll match.

And I think the whole thing goes back to that fake account rumor anyway. Nobody down here has heard anything about any of this, and if there was an actual offer sheet and negotiations then it would have leaked by now.

Last edited:
Re: 2019 Free Agency Thread

Canadiens Montréal:
The Canadiens have announced that they have tendered an offer sheet to restricted free agent Sebastian Aho of the Carolina Hurricanes. The proposed contract is for five years, with an average annual value of $8.454 million.

It's official, per the Habs they have tendered. If Aho accepts then Carolina likely matches and your problem is done. Maybe Bergevin is helping you guys out.

Chris Johnston:
I'm told Sebastian Aho's $42.27 million, five-year offer sheet contains the maximum amount of signing bonus allowable.

those great white north people figure Canes are still figuring out indoor plumbing and therefore don't have the money to match

Pierre LeBrun:
Breakdown of Aho offer sheet: $11.3M SB plus 700k salary in Year 1; $9.87M SB plus 700k salary in Year 2; $6.95 SB plus 750k salary in Year 3; $5.25 SB plus $750k in each of Year 4 and Year 5.

$21+ million in the first 12 months.

I don't see the Canes walking away. At least it gets done for you guys. That is IF Aho signs it. He hasn't yet.

Here is the breakdown per LeBrun

Breakdown of Aho offer sheet: $11.3M SB plus 700k salary in Year 1; $9.87M SB plus 700k salary in Year 2; $6.95 SB plus 750k salary in Year 3; $5.25 SB plus $750k in each of Year 4 and Year 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carolina's gate revenue all last season was a tad over the signing bonus offered so they would basically be giving Aho the gate for a year.

Pierre LeBrun:
Breakdown of Aho offer sheet: $11.3M SB plus 700k salary in Year 1; $9.87M SB plus 700k salary in Year 2; $6.95 SB plus 750k salary in Year 3; $5.25 SB plus $750k in each of Year 4 and Year 5.

$21+ million in the first 12 months.

I don't see the Canes walking away. At least it gets done for you guys. That is IF Aho signs it. He hasn't yet.

The Habs front loaded it but the compensation in terms of draft picks for the Canes is not even walkaway worthy. I guess the best number for the Canes is the $8.5 million annual cost which is really more then fair overall for the course of the contract.

IMO this is a favor to Cane fans. It's a good contract for the team. They match it and have Aho locked up.

You're welcome.

Back