• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

By the way, Harvey's would probably murder it here in the US.

Chick-Fil-A is the biggest pile of shit you can imagine, but people line up for it like it's crack. Shake Shack is so meh it's not even funny, but it's always packed. In N Out is great, but they have only burgers, no chicken. Harvey's would kill it.
 
By the way, Harvey's would probably murder it here in the US.

Chick-Fil-A is the biggest pile of shit you can imagine, but people line up for it like it's crack. Shake Shack is so meh it's not even funny, but it's always packed. In N Out is great, but they have only burgers, no chicken. Harvey's would kill it.
Man I disagree with all of this. Sorry. Your nostalgia is negatively affecting those memories of Harveys.
 
That's why I hate most fintwit furu's who act like there's only one way to have success in the stock market and it happens to be THEIR way. Not true at all. Some are better at it than others, but it's not very often because of their strategies. It has more to do with discipline, quality of due diligence, etc.

their income depends on selling you their way
 
By the way, Harvey's would probably murder it here in the US.

Chick-Fil-A is the biggest pile of shit you can imagine, but people line up for it like it's crack. Shake Shack is so meh it's not even funny, but it's always packed. In N Out is great, but they have only burgers, no chicken. Harvey's would kill it.

Harveys has pretty much disappeared from downtown Toronto.
 
I don't know what Harvey's you've been having, Presty, but it's great quality stuff. Super fresh, grilled over fire. Fantastic fast food product. There is nothing in the fast food space here that is grilled over fire.
 
Harveys has pretty much disappeared from downtown Toronto.

Back in my U of T days, I don't recall it having that much of a presence there anyway. I can think of one that was on Bloor, and am struggling to think of others. It was more of a suburbs chain, in my memory. North York and Thornhill and Richmond Hill.
 
Super fresh,
They use frozen, bland patties. I think you're either misremembering or it has gone downhill a lot. I had a free $50 giftcard for Harveys and it took me 2 years to go through it. Was the first time I had it in over a decade so either my taste buds sucked when I was younger or it has gone downhill dramatically.
 
I don't know what Harvey's you've been having, Presty, but it's great quality stuff. Super fresh, grilled over fire. Fantastic fast food product. There is nothing in the fast food space here that is grilled over fire.

Isn't BK griilled?

anyway...the Harvey product chooses to grill is mediocre. Their only saving grace is that you can choose the toppings in real time.
 
Back in my U of T days, I don't recall it having that much of a presence there anyway. I can think of one that was on Bloor, and am struggling to think of others. It was more of a suburbs chain, in my memory. North York and Thornhill and Richmond Hill.
Richmond Hill is my hood. We had the original, first ever Harveys but it closed 5-10 years ago. There's another close by but as I said... Really really poor. I make a burger 10 times the quality.
 
They use frozen, bland patties. I think you're either misremembering or it has gone downhill a lot. I had a free $50 giftcard for Harveys and it took me 2 years to go through it. Was the first time I had it in over a decade so either my taste buds sucked when I was younger or it has gone downhill dramatically.

also, so many more options now... it was a McD/BK/Wendys/Harveys oligopoly back then
 
They use frozen, bland patties. I think you're either misremembering or it has gone downhill a lot. I had a free $50 giftcard for Harveys and it took me 2 years to go through it. Was the first time I had it in over a decade so either my taste buds sucked when I was younger or it has gone downhill dramatically.

Are you comparing Harvey's to fine dining in Toronto or other fast food chains? Because every chain has frozen patties. It's no contest in terms of its competition. I mean, I like McDonalds and Burger King as junk options. Harvey's I feel like I'm having something that is a big step up in quality.
 
also, so many more options now... it was a McD/BK/Wendys/Harveys oligopoly back then
And the other options are cheaper. Harveys fancies itself as a mid-tier joint but it's really not much better than the others if at all. Tough market segment to capture. It's much like Tim Hortons now.. People go for nostalgia purposes but the quality is absent.
 
Too many real burger joints to choose from now.

McD's was mocked for continually adding non-burger options but they were right.
 
Are you comparing Harvey's to fine dining in Toronto or other fast food chains? Because every chain has frozen patties. It's no contest in terms of its competition. I mean, I like McDonalds and Burger King as junk options. Harvey's I feel like I'm having something that is a big step up in quality.


1598030522832.png
 
Isn't BK griilled?

anyway...the Harvey product chooses to grill is mediocre. Their only saving grace is that you can choose the toppings in real time.

I don't think BK grills, but I never went to BK for its burgers, funny enough. I like their Original Chicken Sandwich.

I would get burgers from McDonalds, but have long ago stopped that insane practice (at least 10 years). Now I only get their filet o fish, plain with no cheese or sauce.

At one point in college, they opened up an A&W in Yorkdale, and I would go get their burger on the way home from school sometimes. I recall that being pretty damn good.

I ate at Wendy's twice in my life, and I shit you not, I barfed soon afterwards both times. Soggy, disgusting bun. Square shaped gross burger. I can't believe they're in business.
 
Are you comparing Harvey's to fine dining in Toronto or other fast food chains? Because every chain has frozen patties. It's no contest in terms of its competition. I mean, I like McDonalds and Burger King as junk options. Harvey's I feel like I'm having something that is a big step up in quality.
Well you said fresh so I was mostly commenting on that aspect of the post. I just don't think there's much of a difference between Harvey's and the cheaper options. I wish I could back in time and taste it again because I truly feel the quality has dropped significantly.
 
Too many real burger joints to choose from now.

McD's was mocked for continually adding non-burger options but they were right.
McDonald's decision making in the last decade or two has been lights the fuck out. Leaders in every way.
 
I hit A&W occasionally. Burgers are OK. Their fried cod sammy is nice. And I like their deeply breaded onion rings.
 
Back
Top