Those are actually genius products though. Ali G/Borat in its prime is maybe the funniest thing I've ever seen, because it was real (that's why I don't like the recent stuff as much because too many people know him and it's semi-scripted). Nathan is funny more because of his deadpan pokerface demeanor, but again, funny because it's real. Curb is another one that some people say they can't watch because it gives them anxiety, but I think it's the best.It was definitely hard to watch that. I hate-watched it once in a blue moon. I'm weirdly attracted to things that make me cringe. Nathan For You, anything Da Ali G Show, etc. Shit just makes me cringe laugh so hard.
It's criminal how underrated Nathan for You is.Those are actually genius products though. Ali G/Borat in its prime is maybe the funniest thing I've ever seen, because it was real (that's why I don't like the recent stuff as much because too many people know him and it's semi-scripted). Nathan is funny more because of his deadpan pokerface demeanor, but again, funny because it's real. Curb is another one that some people say they can't watch because it gives them anxiety, but I think it's the best.
The first Borat movie was incredibly stupid with a few funny parts, while the second one was less stupid with a few chuckles but no big laughs.
The clips from the tv show are all time greats. I still watch them from time to time and they kill me. There's a bunch from the original British broadcast that weren't on the HBO show that are gems, if you haven't seen them.
I refused to sell on the initial pop. Dropped a bit but still committed to my thesis. Volume drying up has created a delayed move I think. The more CURA flies the mroe Thumb will fly.Curaleaf popping and no one else really following. I took a flyer on Thumb at 27.32. No guarantee this one works but I'm relatively confident.
norml.org
Well, the first one's plot was that he was going to find Pamela Anderson and marry her. Eyeroll. I just remember leaving the theater a bit disappointed because there weren't as many real unscripted moments as I would've liked, which was the core of the tv show - all real. So to have this storyline inserted and his sidekick acting together with him, I was like, eh. Trying to think back, I can't even remember it all that much now, other than the naked fight scene, him running off with Pam, the Jew bed and breakfast. I mean, all entertaining, but I busted a gut watching the tv show, and still do, while the movies were very meh in comparison. The real stuff just kills the fake stuff by a mile.The second one, while not as funny, works better as a classical narrative (Borat grows to love his daughter) whereas the first one has no plot, but I laughed out loud throughout. I still enjoyed the 2nd one, but it wasn't nearly as funny.
Fully agree though that nothing beats those short clips from the tv show -- I have watched some 10x.