• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

If there was no salary cap, Colorado would be the best fit.

Colorado's going to have their hands full in 3 years.

If there was no salary cap, Colorado would be the best fit.

Colorado's going to have their hands full in 3 years.

Sure but they will have some solid assets to move and some kids won’t have trade clauses to deal with.

I think Joe will deal with issues before the shit hits the fan

In this new NHL, Sakic should go for it now, before his big stars all get Toews-Kane-Matthews-Marner type contracts
They probably only need a goalie, but there’s cheaper options than Price...they don’t necessarily need Price talent in nets to win the Cup (see majority of Cup winners in past 10-15 years)

It’s a no-brainer for both teams, as in yes for us and no for them.
Even with Price they ain’t winning...they need dmen more than they need Price.
Only GMs stuck in the past would pay their goalie so much of the cap space

I don’t know about that. I think Price gets them past the Bruins and into the finals at least.

Their next coach is waiting patiently in the AHL, wondering when Shanahan will let his GM fire Babcock

(Full disclosure, I haven't watched either play)

We might have an interesting situation at our AHL defense next year. Two players we drafted this summer that I gave almost no thought to, Gianni Fairbrother & Jacob Leguèrrier, are quietly having interesting season in terms of point totals. They're also both on their last year of Junior before becoming overagers because they're late birthdays. Meaning, if they have a good season, they should theoretically be signed to an ELC and in the AHL the following season. It's very rare for teams to draft "late" players and send them back to Junior for their 5th year of eligibility and consider them prospects.

We also have Alexander Romanov (who should be here next year... in theory) & Jordan Harris that will probably be here next season. With Brook already there, we could have a very young AHL defense next season. Should be interesting to follow for those that live in Laval and have the chance to watch them play.

In this new NHL, Sakic should go for it now, before his big stars all get Toews-Kane-Matthews-Marner type contracts
They probably only need a goalie, but there’s cheaper options than Price...they don’t necessarily need Price talent in nets to win the Cup (see majority of Cup winners in past 10-15 years)

Avs do well when they trade for a goalie from the Habs

And they can find that cheaper than 10.5M....nobody outside of maybe Seattle is touching that contract

Back